Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a lil project i gave myself..
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography
kevinluc.com
something i've been workin on..

clarkma5
Is that digital or just long exposure with a sparkler?
kevinluc.com
digital as in G5, long exposure, yes biggrin.gif
BaRRa
Yeah.... that is crazy/awesome/how?
AgaBoogaBoo
Wanna tell us how you did it? biggrin.gif
kevinluc.com
sure..for a lil hint, check my website.
AgaBoogaBoo
Sparklers as in the firework type stuff? You just set exposure long and took a sparkler around that general area?
kevinluc.com
bingo thumbs_up.gif
Easton
I love it! I've seen the idea of using sparklerz to write peoples names and stuff before, though it usually looked uninteresting. I've never seen it used so originally before! I'd definately try that over the car
dukenukem
how did u get ur arm out of the frame ??? ro u used some other mechanism to move the sparkler
BaRRa
If he is dark enough + fast moving, the camera would pick up his arm.
Easton
Yeah on the last pic you can see his arms looking ghostly blurred on the right. Still you would'nt normally pick something like that up without looking really carefully for it in the first place.
BlackJack
wow those pics reminds me of the red hot chili peppers "Fortune Faded" music video. anybody seen it?
BlackJack
QUOTE(Easton @ Mar 28 2004, 08:27 AM)
Yeah on the last pic you can see his arms looking ghostly blurred on the right. Still you would'nt normally pick something like that up without looking really carefully for it in the first place.

yep, noticed it also. *shivers* looks alot like a ghost which i dont like...
Black RSX
Very cool idea!! thumbs_up.gif
kevinluc.com
QUOTE(Easton @ Mar 28 2004, 01:35 AM)
I love it! I've seen the idea of using sparklerz to write peoples names and stuff before, though it usually looked uninteresting. I've never seen it used so originally before! I'd definately try that over the car

yeah i've done a couple with the car but 15 seconds isn't enuff to really define anything..i'm sure with ur bulb settings u can get something great..

and yeah guys i'm in pics 1, 6, and 7 wink.gif
NorthPoint
I like the one with the mailbox the best. Very nice work!!
AgaBoogaBoo
I'm confused how you keep your arm out of those pictures, and what about the stick the sparkler tip is on?
BLacK FirE
when the shutter speed is set long enuff it doesn't pick up quick moving things
Dylan
How didi you make the picture so that it wasn't really, really bright?
fallon
wow that is awesome, i really like the mailbox and christmas tree ones
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.