Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winter tires
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
DreiLessons
So, it's almost winter, for most of us... I don't know about you guys, but i've already bought my winter tires. I went with a set of pirelli's...

I'll be honest, i don't know much about the tires (yet). I'm buying them from a friend, who works at a dealership (same guy who sold me the car). They're lightly used, obviously, but it's 400$ premounted on steelies.. Can't go wrong, if you ask me.

What do you guys use/reccomend/are thinking of buying for this season?

Post pictures, videos, whatever... Let's get this forum back to life, ffs! head.gif
dukenukem
I have Blizzak WS50 on stock BBS rims.
Razor
Blizzak LM25 on stock R32 Omanyts (made by BBS). I've had the same tires for 2 winters now, and have 75-80% tread left. Safe to say I still have this season in them.
skr
Californians don't know the meaning of winter tires!
shandyman5
^ I'm so jelly of that!

Well looks like the 600whp cobra is finally coming this weekend, so no winter tires for that, it will be sitting covered, and on carpet squares right next to the "racecar" all winter. My good friend is selling a $500 1989 Jetta non turbo diesel. I'm thinking of picking it up and DD'ing it all winter. We will see though. The GT Has Bridgestone Blizzak WS-70's in the rear and Kumho Ecsta AST's in the front for winter duty.
Halflifehavock13
Continental Extreme Contact DWS all seasons on the GTO. Maybe not pure winter tires, but a damn good set of all seasons.
DreiLessons
Conti makes real good rubbers... I work at a pro bike shop, our best selling performance tires are continentals..

We even have some crazy dedicated bikers with 15,000$ bikes who have conti tires on their bikes, and their cars... Just to match, I guess lol

[back on topic] Personally though, I haven't heard much about car conti tires... How do people feel about them, outta curiosity?

Aircooled
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...mp;autoModClar=

Going to get a set of these for the e30. Price is good and they are rated very highly, several people said they were better than Blizzaks
Razor
QUOTE(Aircooled @ Sep 25 2011, 02:22 AM) *

Jesus, that's a good deal.
Aircooled
QUOTE(Razor @ Sep 25 2011, 02:28 AM) *
Jesus, that's a good deal.

Oh the advantages of having 14" wheels...
Razor
QUOTE(Aircooled @ Sep 25 2011, 02:40 AM) *
Oh the advantages of having 14" wheels...

Ah, that would do it.

The woes of having the rare size of 235/40/R18. :-/
Aircooled
Ordered my Continental ExtremeWinterContacts. $295 shipped - my 50 reward card.
dukenukem
QUOTE(Razor @ Sep 25 2011, 02:50 AM) *
Ah, that would do it.

The woes of having the rare size of 235/40/R18. :-/

Have you tried playing around with tire size calculator to see if some other size tire will still keep the same revs/mile but be cheaper?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.