Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phone, Ringtone, Alarm
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
OHirtenfelder
Ok, I've been wondering about this for a while, so I figured I'd make a thread, and we can share. Yay for sharing.
Back in the day, people had a Nokia, with a standard background and a standard ringtone.
Now, everyone has a different phone, personalized backgrounds and ringtones, etc. So what I want to know, is what phone do you have, what background (wallpaper) do you have, what is your ringtone, and what is your alarm song( if you have one).

I have the ohhh-sooo sexy Samsung Galaxy S. I don't have the II unfortunately sad.gif

This is my wallpaper:

My ringtone is the brilliant: "Somebody To Love" by Jefferson Airplane. It does change on occasion, but this is where it's at right now.

And I wake up to this thing of beauty every morning: "Jailer" by Asa. It starts off just right, nice and slow, and picks up when it needs to. Perfect for waking up to.

Please, do share biggrin.gif
Ephdethulias
The phone is HTC Desire HD,

Ringtone:
BORKED

Alarm:
BORKED
Asher
Phone:

BB Bold 9650 (Now with BB OS 6.0 though)

Ringtone:
It sounds like a phone ringing.

Alarm:
Blackberry - Morning Blues
Doo-doo-do-do-doot-do-do
shandyman5
Phone: Apple Iphone 4

Ringtone: Normal Phone Ringing (Can't have a song to unprofessional IMHO).

Alarm: From the Chrysler Commercial

Alarm

fiber optic
I have a POS Samsung Intercept:

My background is sterile and undistracting:

When it rings it sounds like a real telephone with a bell (skip to 39s):

I don't use an alarm, I use a separate device called a clock radio for that.
OHirtenfelder
I use a separate device called a clock radio for that

Sorry, a what???
clarkma5
Just got a LG G2x on T-Mobile, haven't gotten around to putting a custom ring tone on it yet though my ringtone on my last phone was most recently an excerpt from "Space Oddity" by David Bowie. I also use this mythical "clock radio" device for my alarm.
dukenukem
My current ring tone is this ..

I am still on my iPhone 3GS. I am waiting for Galaxy S2 to get released on ATT.
shandyman5
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Sep 21 2011, 01:19 PM) *
I don't use an alarm, I use a separate device called a clock radio for that.

Welcome to 1980 lol..... DS_Naughty2.gif
Aircooled
Iphone 3GS (which is dying, can't wait for the 5 to come out)

Lock screen

Cropped version of this

Home Screen

Ring Tones
Portion of this song

Some people have the Hartge website music as a ringtone

Don't use the alarm on it no more as sometimes it doesn't sound
DreiLessons
HTC touch dual

Ringtone

Wallpaper

b0mb3r
droid x.
some crappy picture I took.
I don't use ring tones, vibrate only please.
DB9
Phone: HTC myTouch 4G
Ringtone: Worf from Star Trek saying "Captain, incoming message."
Wallpaper: An art piece, because I like to be hipster (and pretty colors)
911xx
Hi, I possess an Iphone4. Thank.
shandyman5
^ If you weren't a regular member, I would ban you based on that post alone. boston.gif
skr
Phone: iPhone4
Wallpaper: stock
Ringtone: TopGear theme
Alarm: stock
bankE46
Phone: HTC Incredible
Wallpaper (slightly animated on phone):
Ringtone: "Windchimer"
Alarm: "Light"
BlackJack
Phone: Incredible 2 (I had the first Incredible but the screen didn't work at all.)

Wallpaper: (Taken from the Thunderbolt gallery)

Ringtone: Vibrate. Seriously. I have no ringtone set since I'm hard of hearing and hardly use the phone for talking.
hybr1d
this dinosaur :

desktop : nokia cam taken pic in the Alps, crap quality, not worth posting

ringtone : intro into prodigy - poison
nismo
Tmobile G2x

Wallpaper, a picture of my car

Ringtone is the beginning piano sequence of this song.

fiber optic
Nismo, you only need the unique identifier for the youtube videos. Essentially the part after the = sign in the URL. I fixed it for you.
Razor
Verizon Palm Pre 2

Ringtone: None, ALWAYS on vibrate.

Alarm: Palm Flurry (the most annoying default choice, gets me up every time).
moe
Phone: Blackberry Bold 9780 (got rid of my iPhone 3GS for this because I needed it for work, and the build quality is rock-solid).
Ringtone: Some Blackberry ringtone that came with the phone
Alarm: Some random Blackberry alarm that starts of fairly soothing, and gets pretty loud and annoying near the end
Wallpaper: A picture of a vintage Ferrari from my trip to the Galleria Ferrari at Ferrari World last weekend.
nismo
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Sep 25 2011, 10:12 AM) *
Nismo, you only need the unique identifier for the youtube videos. Essentially the part after the = sign in the URL. I fixed it for you.

oh yeah, oops. Thanks!
UserDrew
I dont do smart phones. They're cool but I don't want something so feature laden. I'm currently using a Samsung Gravity 3 from Tmobile which is too close to smartphoneness for me.

Wall paper:

Primary ringtone (Xylophone version of the Bone Wagon theme from Grim Fandango) :

text: Jeremy clarkson "I've got a text!" from a cool wall segment

alarm: "fall in love" Samsung stock ringer.
OHirtenfelder
I'm surprised at how many people don't actually have a ringtone. Do you really never take your phone out of your pocket, or is your phone really ALWAYS with you that you don't actually need one? Do you ever leave your phone in another room? I'm baffled!
Razor
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Sep 26 2011, 03:27 AM) *
I'm surprised at how many people don't actually have a ringtone. Do you really never take your phone out of your pocket, or is your phone really ALWAYS with you that you don't actually need one? Do you ever leave your phone in another room? I'm baffled!

My phone is often in the other room, and yet it's still on Vibrate. You know how I can do that? The texts and calls get forwarded to my TouchPad which is always docked on my desk. HUZZAH!
infinity
Phone - HTC Incredible
Ringtone - Vibrate only
Alarm - The most persistent and irritating tone on my phone

As for not having a ringtone, it is simply the easiest for me given my job. I am in and out of meetings and accounts of mine all day, and I always have to be at the other end of my phone. It is always in my pocket or right beside me wherever I am, but when I'm in a meeting or account I don't have to worry about it ringing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.