Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Ride [More whoring <3]
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
DreiLessons

The VW is mine, Caddy is my friend's car.

A lil treat...

firedevil.gif
Altostratus
i think your parents will want their laminate floor back.
DreiLessons
Funny guy, this guy, eh?
Synesthesia
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Sep 18 2011, 11:21 PM) *
i think your parents will want their laminate floor back.

Haha, it looks like edge glued boards which is more respectable. tongue.gif
Altostratus
but really? whats with the wood and fake rose?

Razor
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Sep 19 2011, 11:14 AM) *
but really? whats with the wood and fake rose?

Yeah, especially that. What gives?
Altostratus
i feel like those are Ontario plates which gives me even more displeasure, as you are probably the dickhead driving by my place at 2am with his sub thumping away, justt offset by the horrible sound of your fucking poorly mounted licence plate rattling around.
Razor
Coming this afternoon: a picture of how real men use a hatchback's trunk. Stay tuned.
Altostratus
im excited.
Razor
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Sep 19 2011, 04:03 PM) *
im excited.

Well I fucking forgot to take pictures, but it was an epic Home Depot/Walmart dorm improvement trip in which Melamine boards (for whiteboard use) and furniture was purchased. Seats down, pack that shit in, good to go. And I didn't have to scratch any laminate to do it, or tear any sub.
DreiLessons
Thanks for the feedback, knew you'd love the car smile.gif
DB9
QUOTE(DreiLessons @ Sep 20 2011, 10:41 AM) *
Thanks for the feedback, knew you'd love the car smile.gif

You didn't answer any of the questions. And we never said anything good about your car yet.
Razor
Delusional much?
dukenukem
Quit chasing away the noobs.
DreiLessons
I didn't see any relevant questions regarding the car...

It's none of your business why I have the rose, and it's also none of your business what kind've flooring it is.

You ever think the rose might be in memory of someone, or that it might actually have some significance to it? I bet you didn't. Go fuck yourselves.

Here's what I will tell you about the car though, since you're all obviously so interested.

It's a 2000 golf, the 2 liter gas version, and it's standard. Has low mileage, and runs like a beaut.
skr
QUOTE(DreiLessons @ Sep 20 2011, 03:32 PM) *

It's none of your business why I have the rose, and it's also none of your business what kind've flooring it is.

You ever think the rose might be in memory of someone, or that it might actually have some significance to it? I bet you didn't. Go fuck yourselves.

Why post pictures if you don't want to be criticized about it?
DB9
QUOTE(DreiLessons @ Sep 20 2011, 04:32 PM) *

Here's what I will tell you about the car though, since you're all obviously so interested.

It's a 2000 golf, the 2 liter gas version, and it's standard. Has low mileage, and runs like a beaut.

If you just post this stuff in the beginning then we don't have to pester you about it. It's not every day that some puts fucking wood flooring and a fake rose in the trunk of their car.

Stop being a jackass.
shandyman5
QUOTE(DreiLessons @ Sep 20 2011, 06:32 PM) *

Look man, the car looks good and I will even say the flooring is interesting, but we understand there might be a past with the rose or it might be for something. If it is for say your sister cause she died or something, not only will we understand but we will respect that and say that it is really cool of you to do that... Chill man, we may bust newcomers balls hardcore, but it is only to see if you're truly another one that is willing to take it and join our forum.
OHirtenfelder
^ Or if he's YET ANOTHER ONE to NOT join the forum....
shandyman5
This place is dead, we could use a few idiots to stir shit up... It will keep us on our toes, and keep us busy.
DreiLessons
Oh lord, you guys crack me up...

Rose is for a bestfriend who's currently battling cancer.

Wishlist for the car:
Exhaust system upgrade, from the headers.
Low pro rims, followed by some sport coil overs.
Upgraded flow air filter
Who knows what else?

Next thing i'll be doing is wet sanding and polishing my headlights, they're a little oxidized. I'm sure i'll end up posting before and after pictures. Whether they're wanted or not.
b0mb3r
All I have to say, it's a pretty nice first ride. I seen wood floors in many other VWs; I think it's nice but not for me.
DreiLessons
Lil' bit of an update, for those who are interested...

Wetsanded my headlights this weekend... SUPER pleased.

Before:

After:

Took about 2 hours...

Now... Here's the thing, for those of you who know about wetsanding headlights... I originally bought a kit off ebay, that was basically just sand paper of two grits, and some polish...

Here's my question. If i were to re-do it, with finer grit sand paper, what kind of polish should i use to seal it up? The polish that came with the kit got all used up.
Mr b00st
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Sep 21 2011, 04:05 PM) *
This place is dead, we could use a few idiots to stir shit up... It will keep us on our toes, and keep us busy.

He BETTER not be stepping on my turf. I'm all the idiot we need around here!

also, the headlights look way better. Plastic lenses are a bummer.
DreiLessons
So.. Might as well whore a lil more...

Doesn't really have anything to do with the car, more of with the wax i used... But it was raining tonight, and i just had to snap a pic, i'm very impressed with how well this wax works. Not only does it make the car shiny as helllll, it also does this.

For 9 bucks a bottle, what more can you ask for, really?

Sorry for the shaky pic, i just went outside and snapped it, didn't care much for quality.
Altostratus
the rain-x headlight resto kit comes with plastic sealant for the lenses.
also what wax was used? beading looks okay
DreiLessons
Maguiars cleaner wax
Altostratus
id give the stuff a 4/10, never really noticed any cleaning properties to it
DreiLessons
What do you use?

This might be redundant to mention, but it's not really meant for cleaning, it's just meant to give the paint a shine, and slight protection against environmental factors. I use the stuff after i wash the car, as a finishing touch.
Altostratus
cleaner wax contains mild surfactants that allow some contamination to be lifted to the applicator, so technically it does clean a bit, but there are better cleaners. Like P21s gloss enhancing paintwork cleanser

generally i decon-wash the car with a citrus degreaser, then wash the nooks like fog lights, airdam, grilles, gas cap ect. with a brush, then i rinse those areas, wash the whole car, dry the car, Clay the car, then dawn wash it to strip old waxes and sealants, then use P21S GEPC to extra clean the paint and mildly polish and fill swirls and spiderwebbing, then i hit it with P21s concours wax, then cover with Klasse sealant glaze.

yup.
DreiLessons
I wasn't going to tint my windows when i first got the car, i was gonna keep it fishbowl... But I ended up caving in, and getting them tinted.

Now, i'm glad i did. Not only does it look great, it's a lot easier on the eyes when driving. And as for the privacy it offers... Don't even get me started! thumbs_up.gif

I'm sure you guys are gonna give me crap for this... But i also tinted my tail lights, to match canadian.gif

Next Year:

Along with a high flow exhaust with a nice classy low rumble. (the stock one has a leak, i figure i might as well upgrade rather then just replace.)
911xx
The lack of badge on the trunk looks weird since it left a hollow section on it. If it was flush it could look good.
Aircooled
Yeah you cant really just debadge a vw without doing the bodywork, looks dumb. I contemplated doing it when I had my Jetta, but then I was like, well then I would have a notch in my hood and that would look silly.
b0mb3r
yet another vw on BBS... rolleyes.gif
you can so much better than those:
1. expensive (hex can vouch)
2. bitch to find in FWD correct sizes (unless you are one of those guys who runs staggered wheels on the FWD car)
3. bitch to clean
DreiLessons
I agree about the badge, but by the time i had taken it off, it was too late to turn back.. I've learned to love the bump lol Maybe next year i'll get around to filling it in.

As for the rims, it's just an idea, i haven't actually bought a set of rims yet... In all honesty, when i do buy my rims, i probably wont go for bbs, simply cause i can't afford it... I'm probably gonna end up getting a multispoke rim off a website like wheelsnext or something...

Anyone have any websites where i can buy fairly good cheap rims?

As it stands, I can get a set of pretty nice looking rims, premounted with tires, brand new, for about a grand... My friend bought himself a set off the website i mentioned above, and they've been treating him just fine, so... I don't know yet, i'm just kinda fuckin around with the idea of rims at the moment. Wishful thinking.
Altostratus
you live in ontario and you are looking for cheap rims for a VW.............

CRAIGSLIST MOTHERFUCKER.
DreiLessons
THANKS BITCH smile.gif

I've already looked up and down kijiji, though, in all honestly i haven't looked at usedottawa or craigslist...
Cyclone
I'd save money for when that 2.0 ultimately sludge's and kills itself.
Aircooled
My 2.0 had 177K on it when I sold it and seemed to be running strong as ever.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Oct 28 2011, 05:19 PM) *

That won't happen if you take care of it.... Any motor can sludge, the 2.0 is no more prone than any other.

QUOTE(Aircooled @ Oct 29 2011, 04:55 PM) *
My 2.0 had 177K on it when I sold it and seemed to be running strong as ever.

Exactly...
DreiLessons
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Oct 28 2011, 02:19 PM) *

On that note, perhaps you're saving your money as well? For the day your frame finally rots and your car caves in on itself? canadian.gif

I'm honestly not worried about that, the car runs and for the most part, looks like new. Thanks for your concerns though.
dukenukem
QUOTE(DreiLessons @ Oct 29 2011, 07:35 PM) *
On that note, perhaps you're saving your money as well? For the day your frame finally rots and your car caves in on itself? canadian.gif

I'm honestly not worried about that, the car runs and for the most part, looks like new. Thanks for your concerns though.

Cyclone once had a Golf. Then he realized the value of having a reliable car.
DreiLessons
Meh, if you take care of it, it's just as reliable as any car, in my opinion. Obviously i'm fairly biased though.
nismo
Honestly, just find some OEM Audi/VW wheels that look nice. There are plenty to choose from.
Razor
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Oct 29 2011, 11:13 PM) *
Cyclone once had a Golf. Then he realized the value of having a reliable car.

We should Slapbet that I'm never going to get a CEL before I sell this thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.