Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ultimate Drag Race
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
Ozi
For those of you that haven't seen this video, what are your predictions on the order they finish fastest.

And for those of you that have already seen it, Enjoy it again smile.gif

BMW 1-Series M
Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Porsche 911 GT3 RS
Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Ferrari 458 Italia
Nissan GT-R
Audi R8 GT
Mercedes SLS AMG
Lexus LFA
Porsche Cayman R
Lotus Evora S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDP7Pty8Qnw...eature=youtu.be
dukenukem
The new GTR is mighty impressive. What is even more impressive is the new Z07 package with the pilot sport tires that made the Z06 almost a second quicker than the GTR and 458 around Leguna Seca.
Ephdethulias
The 1M looks out of place in that group, an M3 (or the GTS) would be more appropriate to go against the big guns.

PS: Forgot that the Cayman R and the Evora S is in there as well, but that was still pretty epic.
Aircooled
I have to agree, all the other cars besides the BMW, Cayman and Lotus are basically halo cars. Throwing the new M5 in there would have been interesting.
OHirtenfelder
I don't care who says what, Nissan did a FUCKING BANGER OF A JOB on that GTR. In that group of cars, it held its own. That GTR is a proper, proper, car. Full stop. It was properly in the lead all the way from start to finish.
If I could pick one of those cars, it would still have to be the GT3RS. It's just a greater driver's car than any other car here (based on what I've heard and read). That and the Cayman.
dukenukem
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Sep 17 2011, 06:59 AM) *
I don't care who says what, Nissan did a FUCKING BANGER OF A JOB on that GTR. In that group of cars, it held its own. That GTR is a proper, proper, car. Full stop. It was properly in the lead all the way from start to finish.
If I could pick one of those cars, it would still have to be the GT3RS. It's just a greater driver's car than any other car here (based on what I've heard and read). That and the Cayman.

That Datsun is slower than the Z06 around the track, son. tongue.gif

Just kidding. The GTR is a great car, I would still pick the Z06 over it. The biggest surprise for me was the Cayman R. Despite being a hideous Cayman I would still buy one based on the driver commentary on the hot lap.

GTR hot lap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY6z0nzgb3o

Z06 hot lap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wheEOSdDi9w

Cayman R hot lap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPo6OGB2VcY
OHirtenfelder
Haha, Duke, I'll be honest with you. After reading your comment, I thought to myself....'well I'll show this guy. I'll tell him that his stupid Corvette is 2 seconds faster but it costs X amount more than the GTR. Then he'll shut up about it being faster...'
But, alas, no such thing. After a quick search, I found the 2012 GTR starts at $ 89,950, whereas the Corvette starts in the mid $70 000s. I couldn't find a price for the 2012, but I did read that it takes a 1000 and something $ jump in price this year, which should put it roughly at $ 76 000. There is an extensive option list, whereas the GTR (if I'm not mistaken) comes basically fully loaded with not much room for options.
So, as little as I want to say this, hats off to Chevrolet for this car.
To try and make myself feel a little better, I will say that the pricing I found was only for the US market, and I'm assuming here, that that makes the Corvette substantially cheaper. I don't imagine the Corvette to be cheaper (at least no by so much) in the European market.
Also, 2 seconds, come on, who cares.... tongue.gif

I'd still buy the GTR!
vaportop
GREAT I like Nissan GT-R

spam.gif
shandyman5
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Sep 18 2011, 04:19 AM) *
Haha, Duke, I'll be honest with you. After reading your comment, I thought to myself....'well I'll show this guy. I'll tell him that his stupid Corvette is 2 seconds faster but it costs X amount more than the GTR. Then he'll shut up about it being faster...'
But, alas, no such thing. After a quick search, I found the 2012 GTR starts at $ 89,950, whereas the Corvette starts in the mid $70 000s. I couldn't find a price for the 2012, but I did read that it takes a 1000 and something $ jump in price this year, which should put it roughly at $ 76 000. There is an extensive option list, whereas the GTR (if I'm not mistaken) comes basically fully loaded with not much room for options.
So, as little as I want to say this, hats off to Chevrolet for this car.
To try and make myself feel a little better, I will say that the pricing I found was only for the US market, and I'm assuming here, that that makes the Corvette substantially cheaper. I don't imagine the Corvette to be cheaper (at least no by so much) in the European market.
Also, 2 seconds, come on, who cares.... tongue.gif

Why would you ever think a Z06 would be more than a GTR?
OHirtenfelder
Because I have never seen or bothered about looking at pricing for a Z06, which is a car that we don't get here, and as one can very often deduce, a faster car means more expensive, and that's what i figured would be the case, but it turns out it's not.
shandyman5
Ahhhh, I see. I was unaware that the Z06 was unavailable where you're from. But yes, you now know the Corvette is the ultimate go-fast bargain.
Von Z
The fact that you can own all those cars for ~$1.5 million is astonishing. Sure, I'd replace a few cars, but that's not a horrible list at all for someone with 1.5 mil to blow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.