Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VW Beetle R Concept 2011
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
UserDrew

Autoblog

Under the hood of the front-wheel-drive coupe is VW's familiar turbocharged 2.0 TSI four-cylinder mated to a six-speed DSG automatic gearbox. The automaker hasn't announced an official power rating, but we suspect it is making about 240 horsepower. That's a bit less than the output of the same powerplant in the Golf R and Scirocco R, but we aren't complaining.

Produce it! Produce it produce produce it. I'd rather have the Sirocco but I'm liking the looks of this and would probably get it over a GTI R for the looks alone. I get the feeling that this will actually see production in some form or another. No 3rd pedal option, though. thumbs_down.gif
Razor
Lose the chrome and I'd fuck the shit out of it.
moe
That is epic, even with the chrome. I'd have one in a heartbeat. Except it seems this is still inexplicably FWD like the Scirocco R.
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Sep 15 2011, 05:16 AM) *
That is epic, even with the chrome. I'd have one in a heartbeat. Except it seems this is still inexplicably FWD like the Scirocco R.

Weird, because Jalopnik seemed to think it was AWD.
moe
Maybe I just read something wrong, I'll double check later.
dukenukem
Meh.
Synesthesia
What a weird car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.