Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone need a really cheap 4gb cf card?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography
kevinluc.com
http://www.tbreak.com/reviews/article.php?id=259
clarkma5
$700 isn't really cheap! For that kind of money you could get an IBM/Hitachi microdrive if I'm not mistaken.
kevinluc.com
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Mar 26 2004, 06:40 PM)
$700 isn't really cheap! For that kind of money you could get an IBM/Hitachi microdrive if I'm not mistaken.

i'm not sure u read the article..

it's $250
clarkma5
True, I just added up the numbers on the top tongue.gif
AgaBoogaBoo
I saw this some time back and have wondered if it would be possible to make profit by selling the card alone...
phidong
People do it on eBay all the time. It goes for 300-400$, but the Muvo is hard to come by.

You can sell the empty Muvo for 60-100 bucks too.
fiber optic
I'm wondering if my A70 would recognize/accept this. Currently, I've got 3 different cards for a storage amount of a whopping 80MB.
clarkma5
I've got two cards for a total of 160 megs...and what I really love is, because my camera excepts CF, SM, and xD, I can usually nab an extra 128 megs by just taking my brother's card biggrin.gif
dukenukem
1 card for 256 Mb and another for 32Mb (got that one free with the camera)..........so dont think i need anymore memory right now wink.gif
kevinluc.com
for those who shoot RAW, this would be good..
phidong
QUOTE(aznkid.com @ Mar 26 2004, 09:34 PM)
for those who shoot RAW, this would be good..

Except that its incredibly SLOW! My friend has one and both of us were shooting a ball game. Everytime I glanced in his direction, I saw his little red LED flashing (writing to CF). It was cool because he didn't have to switch cards, in contrast to me switching every 15-20 minutes....

But hey.. I have 20GB of storage, and he has 4. :-D (I have a mp3 player I d/l the photos to and 3 cf cards that i rotate between)
Easton
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Mar 26 2004, 09:07 PM)
I'm wondering if my A70 would recognize/accept this. Currently, I've got 3 different cards for a storage amount of a whopping 80MB.

No, you can only support up to 2GB. That is.. if your camera supports Type II
fallon
wow tard.gif that would be something along the lines of 2000 photos with my 4mp (well considering the card worked in the camera). i also have a 256 and a 32 card, id like to get a 1gb but they are $200 on newegg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.