Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cadillac Ciel
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
moe
Oh yeeeeah. Don't get me wrong, I love how Cadillac's been busy reinventing itself, but this what Cadillac's should be all about. Reminds of their old-school land yachts, while still being really modern.

clarkma5
I think this thing is a total stylistic success. Totally modern and retro at the same time without feeling cookie-cutter modern or cartoony retro.
Asher
Looks like some 90s GM concept that they just brought back out.
fiber optic
I love land boats and this is no exception. There was a video on Jay Leno's Garage where he talked to Ed Welburn about it.
hybr1d
exactly what cadillac should look like. great job.
UserDrew
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Sep 2 2011, 06:09 AM) *
I think this thing is a total stylistic success. Totally modern and retro at the same time without feeling cookie-cutter modern or cartoony retro.

Lincoln Continental in Modern Caddy form? Perhaps this will kick ford in the nuts and they'll react by doing something interesting with the Lincoln brand.
Ciel translates from French as "Sky" in god's language.
MustangAficionado
No one else worried about how this thing looks with the top up?
fiber optic
QUOTE(MustangAficionado @ Sep 2 2011, 06:28 PM) *
No one else worried about how this thing looks with the top up?

Like any of us would actually buy a convertible? (Miata excluded, I know some of you like those)
Razor
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Sep 2 2011, 07:33 PM) *
Like any of us would actually buy a convertible? (Miata excluded, I know some of you like those)

I would gladly buy any purpose-built non-hardtop convertible sports car. It's when they chop the roof off of an existing coupe that things go to shit.
shandyman5
Am I the only one that thinks this thing is horrendous.
Bjorn
I see a lot of Rolls Royce Phantom DHC here. Not a bad thing though.

I would love to see if Caddy actually builds this . . . then we will know whether or not the bean-counters are back in charge at GM.
moe
Apparently they've confirmed a luxury sedan to slot in above the upcoming XTS, and it'll take styling cues from this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.