Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Audi S
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
moe
So Audi's launched a trio of new S models, the S6, 7, and 8. All of them are powered by a twin-turbo V8 co-developed by Bentley. That's 420hp for the S6 & 7, and 520 in the S8. Nothing special to look at really, just typically slick Audi-styling. I'm partial to the S6 Avant, which is super-sexy. The A7 still looks a little weird to me, even though I'm starting to see them more frequently around Dubai. Not a fan of the new A6 sedan, thought the previous model looked better. The A8 just looks like a brick with wheels, which is kind of awesome.

Btw, anyone else starting to have trouble keeping their Audis straight? They're all suffering from Aston-syndrome, not to mention their names are all A-something. When I read the headline over at Autoblog, it took me a full minute to associate the alpha-numeric names with faces.
clarkma5
I'm not having any trouble keeping the Audis straight, but then again I can tell all of the 911 variants apart at a glance so *shrug* I must be a freak.

The new 6 leaves me cold too, particularly in Avant form which is very abnormal for me. I like the 8 but the S is not as pleasant looking as the normal A8 to my eyes. A7s are gorgeous in person, the S just adds a bit more to it so I'll give a thumbs_up.gif to that.
moe
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Sep 2 2011, 04:13 PM) *
A7s are gorgeous in person, the S just adds a bit more to it so I'll give a thumbs_up.gif to that.

I'm the other way around about it. I think they look great in photos, I'm still undecided about it in person. I will say that the A/S5 Sportback is better-looking.
SwissWhiskey
Bland boring, all of them. The old S8 is still one of the best looking modern Audis.

The A7 would of been nice if it didn't have a sad back end. I don't want a car that has a sad.
moe
First-gen A8 was a timeless design. Audi at its finest IMO.
clarkma5
QUOTE(SwissWhiskey @ Sep 2 2011, 07:43 AM) *
The A7 would of been nice if it didn't have a sad back end. I don't want a car that has a sad.

I love the sad back end. It makes me think of the back end of some forgotten, yet incredibly stylish, '70s italian saloon or something. Can't put my finger on it...
moe
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Sep 3 2011, 04:30 AM) *
I love the sad back end. It makes me think of the back end of some forgotten, yet incredibly stylish, '70s italian saloon or something. Can't put my finger on it...

Actually, Audi claim it was inspired by the 1970s 100 Coupe S. So you're dead on about the time period, not to mention that the 100 was either designed by the Italians, or inspired by Italian design...can't remember which.

More pictures here.
shandyman5
Workign around Audi's almost everyday, I find that they really are getting quite bland. The TT is nice looking, and the A5/S5 look great. Everything else looks cold to me and they all look rather alike, with the exception of the R8 of course.
yasashi
The car is pretty much my favorite.

perfect slushbox equpipped, A to B commuters, in my long legged, big footed,world of general discomfort in automobiles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.