Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Damn it
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
Bjorn
According to several sources, there will be no Porsches in Forza 4.

Apparently EA owns the rights to having Porsche cars in video games, and they license the right to have them in other games.

None of the articles were really clear on whether Turn 10 didn't want to pay the fee, or if EA refused to sell them a license.

Word is that Forza is taking the GT approach and using RUFs, which I guess is better than nothing.
Razor
It sounds like EA outright refused them the license. FUCK PORSCHE for entering into that STUPID licensing contract with EA. Fuck them hard.
DB9
Yeah, that's a bunch of bullshit.
shandyman5
WTF are you kidding!
MustangAficionado
My caged Cayman with a GT3 RS engine is one of my favorite drivers cars in the game, wont even drive it w/out my steering wheel hooked up. Such a shame.
moe
This reminds me of when Porsche went around to all the wallpaper sites, asking them to remove their wallpapers. Eventually, they saw the light, and let them put them all back up (realizing it was a complete PR disaster). I hope they realize EA's really screwing with their loyal fans here.
Halflifehavock13
Need to find out when that contract expires.
moe
^ Halflife, why have we never seen your GTO?
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(moe @ Sep 2 2011, 11:51 AM) *
^ Halflife, why have we never seen your GTO?

I've just never gotten around to it. By the time I bought it last year, I wasn't going on DS very often. I have some pictures lying around my computer somewhere that I guess I'll put on. Unfortunately, my transmission exploded 3 weeks ago, and I'm getting a major rebuild done as we speak.
speedyK
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Aug 26 2011, 12:22 AM) *
According to several sources, there will be no Porsches in Forza 4.
(...)
Word is that Forza is taking the GT approach and using RUFs, which I guess is better than nothing.

It's still a pain in GT5 though, as you can go to the new car dealers and buy a zero-mileage Ferrari, McLaren, Aston Martin, Maserati, Lamborghini, Jaguar, etc. in the colour of your choice, whereas all that there is on offer in the way of Rufs is some old, pre-owned standard models in whatever colour it happens to be and with no cockpit view:

Don't think I'll bother to get an Xbox more likely to go from GT5 to PC racing...
shandyman5
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Sep 5 2011, 01:11 PM) *
I've just never gotten around to it. By the time I bought it last year, I wasn't going on DS very often. I have some pictures lying around my computer somewhere that I guess I'll put on. Unfortunately, my transmission exploded 3 weeks ago, and I'm getting a major rebuild done as we speak.

Is it an auto or stick?
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Sep 6 2011, 09:37 PM) *
Is it an auto or stick?

Stick. I broke the input shaft and needed to get a bunch of bearings replaced on my t56. I did a bad shift into third and it blew up. All my fault, but I do suspect that the previous owner was a bit hard on the car seeing as how I'm not really making much more hp over stock and it only has about 83k miles on it. However, it did have an ls7 clutch installed by the last owner (which ended up needing to get replaced as it was getting worn) and I had installed a b&m short shifter a few weeks prior, so I wasn't used to it. All in all, I'm out about 3500 bucks. Serves me right for driving like an idiot. Since I had just graduated and got a job, I had plans for a magnusson tvs1900 and long tube headers/exhaust, but at this point, I'm probably going to sell it in a year or so.
moe
QUOTE(speedyK @ Sep 6 2011, 09:03 PM) *
It's still a pain in GT5 though, as you can go to the new car dealers and buy a zero-mileage Ferrari, McLaren, Aston Martin, Maserati, Lamborghini, Jaguar, etc. in the colour of your choice, whereas all that there is on offer in the way of Rufs is some old, pre-owned standard models in whatever colour it happens to be and with no cockpit view:

Don't think I'll bother to get an Xbox more likely to go from GT5 to PC racing...

Haha, I have a Ruf just like the one in your picture. I don't mind driving Rufs instead of Porsches, just wish GT would've had them as premium cars, and had some more current models. I haven't played the game as much as I should, but so far I've only managed to get my hands on the one in the picture.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Sep 6 2011, 11:42 PM) *
Stick. I broke the input shaft and needed to get a bunch of bearings replaced on my t56. I did a bad shift into third and it blew up. All my fault, but I do suspect that the previous owner was a bit hard on the car seeing as how I'm not really making much more hp over stock and it only has about 83k miles on it. However, it did have an ls7 clutch installed by the last owner (which ended up needing to get replaced as it was getting worn) and I had installed a b&m short shifter a few weeks prior, so I wasn't used to it. All in all, I'm out about 3500 bucks. Serves me right for driving like an idiot. Since I had just graduated and got a job, I had plans for a magnusson tvs1900 and long tube headers/exhaust, but at this point, I'm probably going to sell it in a year or so.

Those damn T-56's and the entire planning missing third lol.

Where did you get it rebuilt.... That sounds like a really steep price?

What do you have done to your car?

It's a shame you wanna sell it, what are you thinking about getting?

Last question, how do you like the car?
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Sep 7 2011, 09:51 AM) *
Those damn T-56's and the entire planning missing third lol.

Where did you get it rebuilt.... That sounds like a really steep price?

What do you have done to your car?

It's a shame you wanna sell it, what are you thinking about getting?

Last question, how do you like the car?

The rebuild actually only costs me 2500. I don't have the list of things getting fixed offhand, but I'll have that probably by friday when I hopefully get it back. The only thing I have done to it is an intake, swapped out the mufflers (but still have the tiny 2.25" stock tubing) and a skip shift eliminator kit.

I love the car. Part of what has me looking to sell it though is I'm looking to get into something that's more practical/cheaper/better mileage. But the biggest thing is I just feel guilty if I'm not wiping it down with a diaper or when I'm driving it in the winter with all the salt (I have a good set of all seasons on it now, and it drives ok in the snow). And the longer I have it, the more I want to just dump cash into it to make it faster. It's not that it isn't fast, but I've been bitten by the bug.

At this point having just started my new job and moving, I shouldn't be blowing my money on toys and fun stuff all at once. I got a great deal on it when I bought it and if I were to sell it now, I would break even on it even after having put 20k on the odometer. It's more or less the motto of 'get out while the going is still good' as I'm expecting more maintenance will be needed as I round the 100k bend on the odometer.
lindajamison76
Good post. I appreciate it!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.