Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HP Touchpads for $99/16GB!
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
Diesel
For those of you that missed the frenzy yesterday and today.. Amazon OnSale has these in stock for $99 right now!! People are already talking about porting it over to Android from the stock WebOS.

http://www.amazon.com/Smartbuy-TouchPad-QU...s/dp/B0056UOUC8 GO GO GO

EDIT: OH CRAP.. that was fast. it's all gone now.

EDIT2: supposedly CostCentral.com has 15k of these in stock. but the site is being HAMMERED right now. http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/HP_T...UTABA/11394712/

EDIT3: Barnes & Noble http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/HP-TouchPa.../e/886111788637
clarkma5
yeah my friend just picked up one of these from Amazon. Sounds like an amazing deal for a tablet!
Razor
Between my friends, my ex, and my family, we bought a total of 25. Winner.

Best operating system ever; Leo Apotheker is a stupid douche who is as good at running a company as my dog.
DB9
DAMN! I wanted one. I've been scouring the web forever, and it happened right during dinner dry.gif
Diesel
search Twitter for the latest deal links.

Edit: supposedly CostCentral.com has 15k of these in stock. but the site is being HAMMERED right now. http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/HP_T...UTABA/11394712/
b0mb3r
I heard that there is an effort to port Android to those...
caster
Saw this, I'd so get on it, hopefully I can find one! Too bad they're killing WebOS stupid HP
Asher
I managed to grab one when onSale had them. So excite!
Jacob Photo
I got one from amazon, woohoo
Diesel
Barnes & Noble too!! http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/HP-TouchPa.../e/886111788637
caster
QUOTE(Diesel @ Aug 21 2011, 11:04 PM) *

Was just about to post this, got mine! Sooo excited!! drool3.gif
Bjorn
Just playing devil's advocate here, but do you think flooding the market with cheap, but capable, tablets will have a negative effect on other tablet sales? Will the Galaxy tab or iPad's $500 entry point seem excessively high?
Razor
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Aug 22 2011, 10:54 AM) *
Just playing devil's advocate here, but do you think flooding the market with cheap, but capable, tablets will have a negative effect on other tablet sales? Will the Galaxy tab or iPad's $500 entry point seem excessively high?

YES. And that's the point. webOS now has the marketshare it's always deserved. It's too good an OS just to lay down and die. I will start another thread for any of you guys that bought these, in which I will explain anything you want to know about webOS and webOS Homebrew.
Bjorn
Does it? I thought that 20,000 Touch Pads were sold at $99. That's not even 1% of the number of iPads sold annually. How many were sold before that?
Razor
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Aug 22 2011, 12:54 PM) *
Does it? I thought that 20,000 Touch Pads were sold at $99. That's not even 1% of the number of iPads sold annually. How many were sold before that?

20,000? They sold that in the first 10 minutes of the firesale. Best Buy alone yesterday morning sold 250,000.

Final weekend numbers are estimated at 1.2 MILLION.
Bjorn
Wow. Where did I get the number 20,000?

caster
Barnes and Nobles cancelled my order sad.gif I'm so sad..Have to stay on the lookout for more stock lol
Razor
QUOTE(caster @ Aug 22 2011, 08:16 PM) *
Barnes and Nobles cancelled my order sad.gif I'm so sad..Have to stay on the lookout for more stock lol

HP is releasing another stock later this week... watch Twitter.
Diesel
my HP order has shipped. should be here friday. mad i only ordered 1.
caster
After my B&N order was cancelled, I quickly put in an HP SMB order when they were back in stock lol, hoping this works smile.gif
Jacob Photo
my order @ onsale (an amazon vendor) got cancelled sad.gif
Razor
QUOTE(Jacob Photo @ Aug 24 2011, 03:20 PM) *
my order @ onsale (an amazon vendor) got cancelled sad.gif

When did you order it?
caster
My order at HP SMB showed as cancelled and how it shows as confirmed lol, I really it goes through..
DB9
HP's site says "Coming Back" rather than "Out of Stock", so keep your eyes peeled...

http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/rts_tab...FB355UA%2523ABA
Jacob Photo
QUOTE(Razor @ Aug 24 2011, 12:37 PM) *
When did you order it?

Sunday around 4pm PST. It sounds like there was a 10 to 15 minute window on Sunday afternoon around 2:00pm when orders were fulfilled, all other orders were canceled.
Razor
QUOTE(Jacob Photo @ Aug 24 2011, 08:27 PM) *
Sunday around 4pm PST. It sounds like there was a 10 to 15 minute window on Sunday afternoon around 2:00pm when orders were fulfilled, all other orders were canceled.

Ah, see, I jumped on mine (OnSale as well) on Saturday afternoon. Mine has yet to be cancelled, so I think it's gone through.

EDIT: Just checked; SHIPPED. Yeah, those went fast on Saturday, and then they oversold. Sucks man, I'm sorry to hear it. Looks like you'll get another chance, though.
Asher
Noooo, my onsale order was cancelled. I guess I have to stop until HP gets them back in stock.
UserDrew
I missed out on this. I couldn't afford one last weekend but next week I will have plenty of cash. I still prefer laptops, but for 100 bucks I would gladly get one.
Asher
Woo just got mine from OnSale! This shit is fun
Razor
QUOTE(Asher @ Oct 6 2011, 03:16 PM) *
Woo just got mine from OnSale! This shit is fun

If you have ANY questions about Homebrew, just ask. If you haven't installed Preware yet, you ABSOLUTELY have to!
Jacob Photo
I got in on the 2nd-chance sale at Onsale. been using it about 3 weeks and love it!

I just installed my screen protector from Xtreme_Guard on Ebay, it's a great product. Getting a case this weekend.
Razor
QUOTE(Jacob Photo @ Oct 6 2011, 06:13 PM) *
I got in on the 2nd-chance sale at Onsale. been using it about 3 weeks and love it!

I just installed my screen protector from Xtreme_Guard on Ebay, it's a great product. Getting a case this weekend.

Have you done Preware patching and overclocking?
Jacob Photo
Not yet. I wanted to spend 3 or 4 weeks using it as-is to explore webOS and how the 'stock' configuration is before upgrading. I'm out of town the next 2 weekends, I'll probably do it after that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.