Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NFS: The Run
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
Aircooled
Looks pretty decent

BORKED
shandyman5
While the game looks good, my god what a stupidly unrealistic trailer. I would think they could come up with something better than that.
Asher
I hate the sound the cars make when they shift, I feel like it's been the same for the past 10 NFS games.
OHirtenfelder
Looks pretty gay.
Seethegrim
After NFS Shift 2, which I think is honestly the worst NFS game ever. Like. Ever. Drifing in that game is harder than the real damn thing. Anything would be better than that game.

Visually it needs a lot more work. It looks like we're back in 1998.

That dude looks like the guy from Star Wars Force Unleashed.

So... I'm undecided.
Ephdethulias
Can't say anything until the real thing comes up but seriously the gameplay looks pretty dumb. It feels like Burnout with real cars.
Rolfever
Am I the only one that thought it was cool?
I guess I'm easy to please.
OHirtenfelder
After NFS Shift 2, which I think is honestly the worst NFS game ever

Seagram, are you sick, man? It was by far the BEST NFS game ever. It was the closest they've ever actually come to a real racing simulator, and not some high speed child driving game.

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.... idiot.gif
Razor
QUOTE(Seethegrim @ Aug 19 2011, 05:05 AM) *
After NFS Shift 2, which I think is honestly the worst NFS game ever. Like. Ever. Drifing in that game is harder than the real damn thing. Anything would be better than that game.

Drifting is pointlessly hard, yes, but the rest of the game is supremely excellent.

QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Aug 19 2011, 12:35 PM) *
Seagram, are you sick, man? It was by far the BEST NFS game ever. It was the closest they've ever actually come to a real racing simulator, and not some high speed child driving game.

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.... idiot.gif

Yeah, seriously. I love it. You have it for 360?
Seethegrim
Maybe just the drifting totally put me off. Its virtually impossible on the PC because you can't do any kind of throttle control. Its either "go" or "no go".
Ephdethulias
QUOTE(Seethegrim @ Aug 20 2011, 11:08 AM) *
Maybe just the drifting totally put me off. Its virtually impossible on the PC because you can't do any kind of throttle control. Its either "go" or "no go".

That's what my friend was so pissed off about. It's either on or off for the throttle/brakes/steering etc. You can't feather the throttle, make minor steering adjustments. He finally got a controller for Windows just for Shift 2 after a week of playing.
Razor
QUOTE(Ephdethulias @ Aug 20 2011, 09:19 AM) *
That's what my friend was so pissed off about. It's either on or off for the throttle/brakes/steering etc. You can't feather the throttle, make minor steering adjustments. He finally got a controller for Windows just for Shift 2 after a week of playing.

With a wheel and pedals, it's amazing. Drifting is still hard as shit, though; supposedly easiest with a controller.
OHirtenfelder
Yeah, I've got it for 360 and it rocks, hard!! It really is awesome. My whole life I have played driving games with the view from behind, but in this one, it's cockpit view all the way, simply because it's so proper. For drifting I still use the behind the car view.
Amazing game!
UserDrew
QUOTE(Ephdethulias @ Aug 20 2011, 06:19 AM) *

Do you use a wheel? I still use the official logitech wheel for the PS2 to play racing games on PC and it didn't do this in Shift let alone any racing games I've played on PC. I don't remember what the thing's called, but it still works great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.