Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the best diesel mercedes?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
Terpkid
Hello everyone,

I am looking into buying a new car sometime within the next year. Of course, being on this site, I would prefer a diesel vehicle. Last night i was looking into Mercedes Benz diesel's. I found some interesting stuff but since I am no expert, I am coming to you guys hoping a few of you will know all about these cars. I have heard that the late 1990's (1998 and up) mercedes diesels are really good.

My question to everyone is: what year and model is the best Mercedes Diesel??

Thank You

--Dennis
Altostratus
83 350sd
moe
Where do you live and what's your budget? That would help, seeing as MB doesn't offer all their diesel models across of their markets.
Terpkid
I live in the Washington DC area. So hopefully being on the east coast with major cities helps.

My budget isn't to crazy. Im looking at cars $25,000 and under. Preferably more in the $18,000 - $20,000 area.
dukenukem
The 80s Mercedes road tank.
Aircooled
Pretty sure the 5 cyl diesels in the old mercedes cars do 1000K miles no sweat
redls1bird
Guy sees forum named Deiselstation, assumes its about diesels.....

Anyway, I think hes looking for newer cars based only on a hunch and his budget. If your gonna get a late model diesel Benz go with the older E class E320 CDI models. Much more reliable than the newer Bluetec engines.
350Z
The model you are looking for might help too.
Rolfever
Out of interest I asked that question on the web, here is what came up:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...10144146AAAtSCd
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.