Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The world is really small- how I met aircooled yesterday
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
hexagone
So I don't spend any time around here any more with working in upstate NY, and just not having time for anything.

Yesterday I met up with a friend from PA and we decided to cruise down to bimmerfest east in Aberdeen, MA.

During one of the cruise stops at a gas station- I was inside eating some nasty chicken, and asked the guy across from me if he had been to Chicago since his car had MN plates and looked really familiar to me.

Then this dude next to me asks if I owned a red e30 in Chicago, since he had overheard me... and it was Aircooled! Some wild ass shit.

nice meeting you man.
UserDrew
Gas station chicken? Really?
Were all of you part of the same cruise going to the same meet?
hexagone
QUOTE(UserDrew @ Aug 7 2011, 02:20 PM) *
Gas station chicken? Really?
Were all of you part of the same cruise going to the same meet?

yes

and yes
fiber optic
Nice, I had to fly half-way and all the way across the country with prior scheduling to meet members from DS.
clarkma5
Haha wow awesome!
Razor
Still the only person on here I've met IRL is Shandy, and I did so ON the grid at Lime Rock a few weeks ago.
Altostratus
nobody wants to come to Toronto
fiber optic
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Aug 8 2011, 10:20 AM) *
nobody wants to come to Toronto

I'd like to note there is a difference between "wants" and "can afford to" in my case.
Altostratus
i agree.
i dont have a passport and i think i have 50 bucks to my name, i havent had a real vacation in like...11 years?
UserDrew
QUOTE(hexagone @ Aug 7 2011, 05:32 PM) *
yes

and yes

But why get chicken at a gas station when on a cruise there are always better options? I didn't know there was such a thing existed it sounds repulsive. The worms episode of Futurama comes to mind.
Bjorn
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Aug 8 2011, 10:32 AM) *
i agree.
i dont have a passport and i think i have 50 bucks to my name, i havent had a real vacation in like...11 years?

Yup. My last vacation was in 2007 for my honeymoon, and that was camping. I haven't been on a real "hotel" vacation since I took a girl to Tofino in 2001.
Aircooled
It was totally wild. Was not expecting to meet a DS member in a 30 car caravan going to bimmerfest. A few pics.

Of course Hex doesn't roll in any old bavarian jalopy. A stanceworks e36 no less.

I was checking out the car after it rolled up and he pulls out a set of red brake fans out of the trunk and asks the crowd if anyone knew what they were, only I did and only because of Hex's brake fans. It occurred to me this person was a BBS whore. This was the first flag.

Of course red brake fans wouldn't look good so they were painted in the parking lot.

There were some mint BBS caps in the trunk as well.

Here's our caravan.

I'm in the bottom row with the bmw shirt, hex is in the red shirt on the bottom row.

After getting into Maryland we stopped at some slum bum gas station, which was great because I really had to go and was overdue to munch on something. I just got done paying for my food and I sat down to eat my granola bar and I saw these two stanceworks boys eating chicken out of cardboard boxes. Someone said something about being in Chicago, I thought hex was from chicago. I've seen pics of hex around here and this guy resembled him to a certain point. I figured I'd ask him about one of his previous cars, I had trouble deciding which one, and lo and behold it turned out to be him. I never got to catch up with him at the show, I saw the car but not him. I should have cracked some more DS jokes but oh well. It was a great show, and I'll prolly see him next year. Nice to meet you as well.

Easton
thats trippy, i've never had anything like that happen to me yet.
hexagone
I'm reading your post here totally laughing about the brakefan pit stop. Good pics too!

Too bad we couldn't chat (I had some hard stancing to do)... but I'll be at H2Oi so we should definitely catch up man.
Diesel
holy shit that's awesome!
shandyman5
That's awesome guys, what a totally random yet awesome way to run into someone.
Cyclone
I've met Flaw, Midnight and Duke. That's it tongue.gif McKhaos trying to convince me to go to Chicago later this year when he's coming to the states. Considering it.
dukenukem
I walked into a bar the other day and to my surprise there was midnightdorifto sitting there. True story!
ShinRa
fuck bitches. get money.
dukenukem
QUOTE(ShinRa @ Aug 28 2011, 04:08 PM) *
fuck bitches. get money.

Holy carp!! It's shinra
Aircooled
Going this year hex?
Cyclone
I should make a thread "How I tried to meet hex and he didn't answer his phone" thumbs_down.gif thumbs_down.gif
Mr b00st
I was at Bimmerfest East last year too. Drove up from Raleigh!

I just started a new job so I didn't go this year though sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.