Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For the first time in my DS career...
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
Razor
...I'm the only one online.

This place really is dead.
Altostratus
it really is.
caster
We need another meet tongue.gif Is anyone still on IRC? Its been a while since I've gone on..
moe
Between my job & social commitments, DS just doesn't get any love from me. Sorry guys. Actually, please go ahead and take away my mod privileges. I don't feel I have the time to contribute much to the forums anymore.
clarkma5
Living life in Seattle, don't spend nearly as much of my time reading about car stuff...down to just watching F1 these days, don't have time to read all of edmunds like I used to, barely come on here...and so forth.
dukenukem
I come and check stuff out from time to time but theres only so much one can contribute.
shandyman5
I do believe this place can be revived, between more spam control and more members posting this place has a chance to get kicking again.

Clark and Moe, could you see yourselves posting more often if there were more new topics worthy of you opinions, simple responses or not?
moe
I wouldn't be able to stop myself from posting as long as there's a decent thread going or a dumbass on the forums. I just can't be bothered to create threads anymore.
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Aug 1 2011, 01:00 AM) *
I wouldn't be able to stop myself from posting as long as there's a decent thread going or a dumbass on the forums. I just can't be bothered to create threads anymore.

This, with the exception of this thread.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Aug 1 2011, 07:57 AM) *
This, with the exception of this thread.

Agreed, this thread is a sad thing indeed. cry.gif
Razor
The thing is, it's just this forum. Overall, in the past month, my forum participation (be it tech or cars) has increased by 20-25% at least. Weird.
shandyman5
Agreed.... Sending you a PM.

Edit: Clear your PM box you jackass.
Razor
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Aug 1 2011, 12:28 PM) *
Edit: Clear your PM box you jackass.

Clear'd, lol
bankE46
What are you doing on the forum at 10:30pm on a saturday night anyway??
Razor
QUOTE(bankE46 @ Aug 1 2011, 04:10 PM) *
What are you doing on the forum at 10:30pm on a saturday night anyway??

Girlfriend is abroad, programming and Forza 3 are my life currently.
Bjorn
Between the family and work I don't really have time to keep up on car news. Funny how I read for a living now, at the cost of reading for pleasure.

I've been kinda keeping up to date thanks to the EVO iPad app (1/4 the price I was paying for it off the stand), but I have a stack of Excellence magazines dating back to 2010 that still need to be read.

I just kinda feel too out of the loop to be commenting all the time . . . doesn't help that I'm incredibly bored by almost every modern non-Porsche. Insane power meets computer-wizardry; yawn. User Rides is the only section I really come here for now.
Aircooled
I'm sure I'll be around more once school starts up. My life right now is get up early, work, run (usually), work on car (some days), go over to friends house and eventually go out for the rest of the night. Have plenty of down time between classes and stuff to browse the web when I'm in school. My time spent in front of a computer dropped considerably once school ended, and dropped even more once I got the e30. I suspect the majority of people are just growing up (IIRC a lot of members here have graduated in the past few years) and not having the time to waste hours browsing the internet (sad for us internet friends, good for you in your real life)...

I'm surprised that you were the only one online. I know that activity among us "regular" members has been in decline but it seems the photography section is almost always bumpin.
clarkma5
Yay I got a job! This means even less time for DS, but means that I'm no longer living out of my savings account...
shandyman5
Clark,

Congrats bro! Now just keep a nice little DS tab open at work, it allows you to still participate lol.
UserDrew
I don't have much to say about cars anymore that doesn't actually have anything to do with what the car is like as a car but some claim of am aesthetic value.
DreiLessons
Aiight guys, so here's the thing... I've been creeping this forum for... years now really...

I remember, i first found the site, and it was full of traffic... Everyday, there'd be some newbie posting retarded posts, that EVERYONE would hate on, always new photography, always new pictures, always new everything...

Couple years later, I've returned to the site, and made a new account... Outta curiosity, to see who's still kickin around...

One thing IS good to see though... The veterans are still around, and they're still the same laid back guys I first "met".

Anyways, the reason I'm making this post is, I can't help but wonder... What the fuck happened?

I think you guys are just starting to get lazy Raspberry.gif
clarkma5
I think we all got lives...

I used to post on here constantly because I had nothing else to do. I was 17 when I first joined up for crissakes, and I was definitely not the sort of kid who went out and did anything interesting until I was well into my college years...

I laugh because I used to get teased a lot on this forum for having no life and I'd get all defensive but now, heh, in hindsight, they were right. Lulz.
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 19 2011, 12:02 AM) *
I think we all got lives...

This. I stopped posting on here when I got involved in my local club. I reckon I traded posting about cars to actually driving them. That's me on the left down there.

Not a bad trade-off.
shandyman5
QUOTE(DreiLessons @ Aug 19 2011, 12:57 AM) *
Aiight guys, so here's the thing... I've been creeping this forum for... years now really...

I remember, i first found the site, and it was full of traffic... Everyday, there'd be some newbie posting retarded posts, that EVERYONE would hate on, always new photography, always new pictures, always new everything...

Couple years later, I've returned to the site, and made a new account... Outta curiosity, to see who's still kickin around...

One thing IS good to see though... The veterans are still around, and they're still the same laid back guys I first "met".

Anyways, the reason I'm making this post is, I can't help but wonder... What the fuck happened?

I think you guys are just starting to get lazy Raspberry.gif

Were you a member on this site before or always just a lurker?
MustangAficionado
Based on what he said, always a lurker, just joined officially.

I post now as much as I used to. Now work 48 and 50hrs a week and have a real car project + recent girlfriend. Before was in college then unemployed + single. So dont tell me there are times you busy as hell peeps dont surf the internets randomly at the end of your day. I just choose to stop in here after checking my email and craigslist for parts.
nismo
We need more n00bs that won't get scared away, or at least another entertaining one who's 16 and has pictures of his neighbor's Ferrari.
DreiLessons
Shandyman, i've always been a lurker, i had an account at one point, and i would post some stuff here and there, but never anything serious.
fiber optic
I've got so many things going on here. I'm pretty close to going mental. I've taken some time off from work this week, trying to think things through and just take a break. And I'll be cooking a whole week in mid-September.

I'll keep the garagezilla thread and the VW one updated as stuff happens but obviously those are pretty slow going. It can be hard to have time to do the things I want when it's fighting with the things I must do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.