Razor
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Jul 25 2011, 08:22 PM) *
Buying the new SVT Raptor?

The thought crossed my mind. Seriously.
Bjorn
I would hold off on buying an SVT Raptor

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-f-150-svt...f-road-use.html
fiber optic
First startup of the day, no problem. When I try to crank it later, nothing. Not even a click. I called my wife and had her bring a short list of tools. I cleaned the connections at the battery and alternator. I put the booster wires on it from the Volvo and that got it running. Just as I'm about to pull out of the parking lot it dies and won't restart. My wife calls the security guards and they help me push it back into a parking space.

I call the tow truck.

What you see in the picture is that sweet rollback bringing my truck back to my house. Sorry for the deception with the thread title.

I pull the alternator and battery and take them to be tested at VatoZone. Alternator is OK, battery has a cooked cell. I still had some amount of warranty remaining on the old one + $20 of Autozone reward customer bucks. I end up only paying $50 for it.

I get home, clean every connection to the alternator, battery, and ground I can find. Reinstall the alternator and battery and fire it up. No problems.

I had to take my dog to the vet for his annual check-up and shots. The idle isn't as rock steady as I remember and dips down to 500 (usually 650) on a few occasions. I think it is just the computer relearning but I guess I'll know today.
Altostratus
seafoam it?
fiber optic
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Jul 26 2011, 07:58 AM) *
seafoam it?

I'll try that since it's been a couple of years since I did it last. Maybe there's a small vacuum leak somewhere. I did move the intake tube out of the way to get the alternator out and maybe I didn't tighten the clamp well enough or the PCV hose or something like that.
shandyman5
The idle dip is definitely from the PCM relearning its paramaters.
fiber optic
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Jul 26 2011, 02:01 PM) *
The idle dip is definitely from the PCM relearning its paramaters.

I think you're right. It didn't do anything unusual on the drive home.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.