Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1999 Honda Civic EK4 VTi
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
spphoto.dk
Just found this rare beauty, and I had to buy it. So now it's mine and I'm still high on the new-car-fever. Low milage, alot of luxuries, mint condition, only one in the country, fast, loud, fun. I love it

[img]http://bilgalleri.dk/uploads_xl_wm/2253018.jpg/img]

shandyman5
Fast may be relative term Raspberry.gif

Congrats on the car man, it looks good.
moe
Congrats. I'm a huge fan of the hatchback Civics (other than that bland, Rover-based, POS 5-door one from the mid-90s).
Altostratus
QUOTE(moe @ Jul 11 2011, 05:34 AM) *
Congrats. I'm a huge fan of the hatchback Civics (other than that bland, Rover-based, POS 5-door one from the mid-90s).

pics?
moe
Altostratus
europe only model ?? it looks like an EG but with funky headlights.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Jul 11 2011, 11:40 AM) *
europe only model ?? it looks like an EG but with funky headlights.

Roof seems to tall to be an EG
moe
It doesn't fit in the regular Civic generations. It was a result of the Rover-Honda tie-up, and was basically a Rover 400 in a blander Honda body. Drove really well from what I've heard, and was sold alongside the 3-door EK hatch from Japan and the EK coupe from the US in Europe.

Here's a bigger picture of all the ugly:

EDIT: Actually I remember the Rover 400 being a really nice, expensive-looking car. It basically invented the premium compact car in Europe, and scared BMW into making the 3-series Compact (if I remember my obscure car history correctly). But it seems time has not been kind to the car, and what was once a premium-looking, pretty, compact is now pretty much a beater. The're both POS's now.
Altostratus
the internets say that its pretty much a european version of the canadian first gen Acura EL
spphoto.dk
Thanks for the comments on my car. I took some pics of it today

skr
All you need exterior wise is some bronze Volk CE28Ns and you're DONE. The EK chassis is awesome.
Mr b00st
QUOTE(moe @ Jul 11 2011, 11:54 AM) *
It doesn't fit in the regular Civic generations. It was a result of the Rover-Honda tie-up, and was basically a Rover 400 in a blander Honda body. Drove really well from what I've heard, and was sold alongside the 3-door EK hatch from Japan and the EK coupe from the US in Europe.

Here's a bigger picture of all the ugly:

EDIT: Actually I remember the Rover 400 being a really nice, expensive-looking car. It basically invented the premium compact car in Europe, and scared BMW into making the 3-series Compact (if I remember my obscure car history correctly). But it seems time has not been kind to the car, and what was once a premium-looking, pretty, compact is now pretty much a beater. The're both POS's now.

other weird thing: these came with twin cam Honda D-series motors. Very weird. Here's one transplanted into an EF wagon thing. Dunno how he got it (or why he didn't do a B-series swap!)

spphoto.dk
so relevant
Altostratus
sorry but a rover built civic is cooler than an euro EK anyday.
spphoto.dk
Ok. Go make a thread about it.
moe
^ Paint your civic white, throw some red Recaros in there, and get some bronze Volks like skr suggested. Would be fucking awesome.
Razor
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Jul 12 2011, 08:00 AM) *
sorry but a rover built civic is cooler than an euro EK anyday.

I am disappoint at that trolling attempt.
Altostratus
it happens.

i must admit, your interior upholstery is super 90's cool, moar pics of crazy seats !
spphoto.dk
Some new pics

Video clip with my friend driving my car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dArfWSuiIk...player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dArfWSuiIk...player_embedded
Altostratus
moar pics of the cool interior
spphoto.dk
New rims

shandyman5
Car is coming along man.... It looks really good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.