Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: one more couldnt hurt
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
redls1bird
So a deal fell in my lap this past week. I can pick up a car, complete, for 150 bucks. Its rumored to run, although it doesnt matter much. I already have a DD, and a fast car ( although its not going anywhere with the heads torn off..). I want an experiment car. Some thing I can try out all those things Ive schemed up over the years but was too afraid to implement on my "nice cars". This car will most likely take on the appearance of a euro-trash/rat rod. It will be slammed, because ive never had a car that i was willing to compromise the ride on so much. Ive got some good ideas overall for the body. Ive cooked up a plan using RFID, leds, and a few other gizmos.

So what could this vehicle be?? Why only a 1986 Volvo 240 DL wagon! N/A 2.3L 4 cyl and a automatic transmission.

Halflifehavock13
Put a 5.0L in that bitch asap.
Bjorn
I'm hugely jealous. I really want one of those for a V8 swap.

I love Canada, but finding a car that's more that 10 years old, and rust free is a bit of a task.
fiber optic
Nice. I'm looking forward to the updates.
skr
Whitewalled tires FTW. thumbs_up.gif
redls1bird
Purchase is currently on hold. The owner cant find the keys or title... He still wants to sell it though. So I just have to wait it out.

meanwhile heres a few pictures that inspire me for eurotrash/rat roddiness and overall stance:

Razor
If it's rusty, it should either be polished or it should be in a junkyard.
redls1bird
QUOTE(Razor @ Jul 12 2011, 07:31 PM) *
If it's rusty, it should either be polished or it should be in a junkyard.

Rust hate coming from a vw guy??!! Unthinkable!
Razor
QUOTE(redls1bird @ Jul 12 2011, 09:32 PM) *
Rust hate coming from a vw guy??!! Unthinkable!

I hate, and I do mean hate, VW culture.
MustangAficionado
Awesome, my roomie and I put a megasquirted turbo redblock 4V in a 82 wagon. That, though, was rusting due to natural causes.
moe
QUOTE(redls1bird @ Jul 13 2011, 02:02 AM) *
Purchase is currently on hold. The owner cant find the keys or title... He still wants to sell it though. So I just have to wait it out.

meanwhile heres a few pictures that inspire me for eurotrash/rat roddiness and overall stance:

Your inspiration is wrong
Razor
^ That could not be closer to the truth.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Jul 13 2011, 06:53 AM) *
^ That could not be closer to the truth.

Indeed, that wagon is SICK!
redls1bird
I already have a fast car, i have no interest in making this car fast. At least not at this point in the game. maybe at a later time.
shandyman5
QUOTE(redls1bird @ Jul 13 2011, 12:38 PM) *
I already have a fast car, i have no interest in making this car fast. At least not at this point in the game. maybe at a later time.

Define "Fast" Raspberry.gif whistle.gif
redls1bird
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Jul 13 2011, 01:06 PM) *
Define "Fast" Raspberry.gif whistle.gif

sub 5 second 0-60.
redls1bird
Managed to get my hands on the keys today, replacement title is in the works. It took two gallons of fresh gas and a battery to get it going. (ok and about 15 minutes of cranking) It fired up, ran smooth, didnt smoke, got to operating temperature and maintained it. Im pretty happy. Things i know it needs: trans mount, inner and outer tie rods, probably a t-belt ( i havent pulled the cover off yet) lower ball joints, center support bearing for the drive shaft, trans pan gasket.

It moves under its own power, and starts up pretty easily.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.