Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My big fat white Swedish gas guzzling cow
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
hybr1d
So, not sure where to start.
After owning Plymouth laser RS, Eagle talon Tsi, 4 honda civics , audi 80, bmw 530, scion tC, honda s2000..... I turned 30 YO, got divorce, and was back on the market for a new car. I've had my fun with cars over the last 10 years, so I was looking for something more simple to drive, comfy, and reliable. Did not have any priorities for car age, as I am sure this barely says anything about the car. Was not in the market for a new car from the dealer as I take almost any car as a commodity product. So... i was checking audi a5, passat cc, bmw 5ers and 6ers, mb cls, lexus is/gs... As you can tell - completely undecided. However, there was one thing I really wanted: light/beige color interior, + low mileage, and full check at dealership for no hassle. My budget was limited to around 35k USD.

I was absolutely not in a rush to buy one. And than, out of nowhere.. this appeared for a test drive:

it's a 2008 S80 with tons of extras (except for Navi) in fantastically looking icy white, with flawless beige/cacao interior, 30k miles, almost new 245/40 r18 michelins pilots, sport package (3 way adjustable suspension, ventilated seats..) and etc.. 3.2 L inline6 FWD biggrin.gif
Decided to go for it in matter of minutes after test drive and saved a decent amount of budget.

Just had my first 100 miles on it and it exceeds my expectations. Never even thought of Volvo before biggrin.gif Am I getting old?
fiber optic
QUOTE(hybr1d @ Jul 7 2011, 06:17 PM) *
Am I getting old?

Yes whistle.gif
b0mb3r
damn that car is flawless, I am not sure how I feel about the white seats though. thumbs_up.gif
green73ta
I like it! Oh yeah... I'm also 50.

wink.gif
bankE46
I don't think age correlates to boring cars. It's more about priorities, and those may change with age. That being said, I plan on buying increasingly bonkers cars the older I get, so maybe a 50th bday present to myself will be a lambo...
moe
QUOTE(bankE46 @ Jul 8 2011, 05:09 PM) *
I don't think age correlates to boring cars. It's more about priorities, and those may change with age. That being said, I plan on buying increasingly bonkers cars the older I get, so maybe a 50th bday present to myself will be a lambo...

QFT.

Congrats on the purchase though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.