Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: McLaren MP4-12C Reviews
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
moe
So from most of what I'm hearing, it looks like it's a huge let-down. The gist of what I'm reading is that the car will make you drive the way McLaren thinks it should be driven. Not only that, you can't turn of the traction control, which some are saying is holding it back in terms of pure performance.

I'm really disappointed. It's McLaren's first road car since the seminal F1, and I really wanted it to blow the competition into the weeds.

Razor
I said from the beginning that it didn't even look special. Now we know that this is more than skin deep.
speedyK
I was prepared to accept the restrained styling (in comparison with the more in-your-face F458) and the less dramatic soundtrack, as I was led to believe by early claims that that it had its rival beaten through cool, restrained and clever competence. If it hasn't got the better performance, then what reason is there for choosing the less dramatic McLaren? Will it really offer a better ownership proposition as a road car? I think we'll only find out when a reasonable number private owners start to get McLarens and can offer comparisons with the F458.

I "own" both and the Ferrari is more exciting to drive wink.gif

But if anyone is giving a real MP4-12C away, I won't refuse it biggrin.gif
moe
I love the 12C's styling especially the interior, but I think I may be in the minority on that one.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I have a friend that's driven it, and she absolutely loved it.
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Jul 5 2011, 09:04 AM) *
EDIT: For what it's worth, I have a friend that's driven it, and she absolutely loved it.

What else has she driven, though? I'll bet that was just supercar syndrome.
moe
^ Don't go there. Her dad used to own a fleet of supercars (including the F1), and she did a stint as a journalist for a car magazine. So she's driven pretty much anything you can imagine.
shandyman5
QUOTE(moe @ Jul 5 2011, 11:00 AM) *
^ Don't go there. Her dad used to own a fleet of supercars (including the F1), and she did a stint as a journalist for a car magazine. So she's driven pretty much anything you can imagine.

I had a feeling this was coming.
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Jul 5 2011, 11:00 AM) *

Maybe you should have wrote that in the original post.
moe
I wouldn't have even mentioned it unless she was credible.
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Jul 5 2011, 11:48 AM) *
I wouldn't have even mentioned it unless she was credible.

Fair enough. What does her dad do?
dukenukem
QUOTE(Razor @ Jul 5 2011, 11:12 AM) *
Fair enough. What does her dad do?

Also, is she hot? If yes, where are the pics?
Razor
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Jul 5 2011, 01:08 PM) *
Also, is she hot? If yes, where are the pics?

This. Pics of her driving a McLaren F1, plz.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Jul 5 2011, 01:34 PM) *
This. Pics of her driving a McLaren F1, plz.

Seconded!
911xx
Pics of an F1 driving her.
moe
Her name's Samantha Laura Kaye, I believe some of our South African members might be familiar with her. Just Google her...tongue.gif
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Jul 6 2011, 02:12 AM) *
Her name's Samantha Laura Kaye, I believe some of our South African members might be familiar with her. Just Google her...tongue.gif

You've got to be shitting me... whoever marries her is the luckiest man alive.
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(moe @ Jul 5 2011, 11:12 PM) *

She's from the same town my gf is, cool.
moe
QUOTE(Razor @ Jul 6 2011, 04:04 PM) *
You've got to be shitting me... whoever marries her is the luckiest man alive.

A guy at work is dating her, that's how I met her. We chill every now and then when she's in town.
midnightdorifto
Jesus. The facebook pictures. Just...Jesus. If I saw pictures of this girl driving a Mac, I'd probably go into shock or have an aneurysm.
pervert
Seen the latest TopGear?
Razor
QUOTE(pervert @ Jul 11 2011, 12:47 AM) *
Seen the latest TopGear?

Clarkson basically restated this thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.