Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The new M5
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
SwissWhiskey
BMW: some good cars and some terds on wheels with a badge.

I'm loving to the new M5 though:

hnnnnnnnnnggggggg..... WANT. In Carbon Black.

The interesting stuff:
- Only 50kg heavier than the previous. 1870kg
- Full torque at 1500 rpm
- Test mule spotted with....

shandyman5
WIN! That is all, goodnight.
Razor
Looks muscular and badass as hell... but the specs seems a little underwhelming. Let's see if it can beat the CTS-V's 'Ring time. That would indeed prove a lot.
clarkma5
It looks really nice, but then again so does the standard 5 in pictures, only to end up being blasť in person.

I'm not the first person to say it, but I agree completely: It's a really nice M7, but it's far too big to be a proper M5.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Jun 15 2011, 07:41 PM) *
Looks muscular and badass as hell... but the specs seems a little underwhelming. Let's see if it can beat the CTS-V's 'Ring time. That would indeed prove a lot.

The CTS-V while somehow constantly compared against an M5 is an M3 competitor. I doubt it will beat the CTS-V's ring time.
moe
^ That's because when it was developed, they benchmarked the M5, not the M3.
shandyman5
QUOTE(moe @ Jun 16 2011, 08:33 AM) *
^ That's because when it was developed, they benchmarked the M5, not the M3.

Indeed this is true.... I don't understand why however....
goota
that is one linear power curve. meeeeoooowww
moe
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Jun 17 2011, 09:39 PM) *
Indeed this is true.... I don't understand why however....

The CTS is a physicaly bigger car than the 3-series, and Cadillac's plan is to build another car to slot in below the CTS that would truly rival the 3-series. A the same time, Caddy will move the CTS upmarket in its next generation to rival the 5.
shandyman5
QUOTE(moe @ Jun 21 2011, 05:46 AM) *
The CTS is a physicaly bigger car than the 3-series, and Cadillac's plan is to build another car to slot in below the CTS that would truly rival the 3-series. A the same time, Caddy will move the CTS upmarket in its next generation to rival the 5.

Gotcha, so I guess no more STS....
Bjorn
^It's already been axed.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Jun 21 2011, 09:11 AM) *
^It's already been axed.

There was rumors of a temporary hiatus with a redesign but as Moe said, it looks like the upcoming CTS is going to fill that void.
Bjorn
http://www.leftlanenews.com/seville-no-mor...s-last-sts.html

The article said that the STS and DTS will be replaced by a single AWD sedan.
moe
Technically, the ATS will take the CTS's space, the CTS will move upmarket and take the STS's space, and the XTS will replace the DTS.
shandyman5
QUOTE(moe @ Jun 21 2011, 11:35 AM) *
Technically, the ATS will take the CTS's space, the CTS will move upmarket and take the STS's space, and the XTS will replace the DTS.

Moe I believe you are right on, no single car will replace both the now retired STS and DTS.
misnblu
On the physical size of the car, what car hasn't gotten bloated to the point of being slotted into the next size class?
It's happened with many cars but that's progress I guess and the way things are going to be.
But I still like this and do love that blue color along with the aggressive looks.
I hope it'll be the winning combination that has made the 5 series such a winner in the past.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.