Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Live retouch screencast!
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography > Technique & Tutorials
mcdronkz
Check this out, there's a live (!) retouch screencast tomorrow.

http://www.retouchpro.com/index.php?page=goode

Might be of interest for some of your guys. I'm in.
Nike SB'd
Although this might be cool and a lot of people will probably learn quite a bit from it, I'd really rather see someone that specifically specializes in automotive retouching (like one of the guys at Recom or Gloss). To be honest from the before / after preview there is nothing I see there that I don't already know how to do... but perhaps the way and tools he chooses to use might differ from my own technique, which could still be helpful. It's only $10 though, if I didn't have a shoot scheduled I'd consider checking it out anyway. Somebody should screen-cap the whole process and upload it privately so DS members can DL it.
mcdronkz
The stuff on his website is actually pretty good, even the automotive productions, that's why I'm checking it out. And indeed, he probably has a few techniques that might be helpful.

But yeah, it doesn't really compare to Recom. tongue.gif If they would make screencasts, that would be some good shit. biggrin.gif
Seethegrim
I've been bugging the guy who owns retouchpro to get an automotive retouching company to do a show. He said I should do one, but I told him that what I can do vs what the REAL retouchers can do is worlds apart. Maybe if we have enough guys on DS email him about gettng Recom to do a show, they'll make it happen... just a suggestion.

edit: I think I'll actually watch this one. For me, it works out to be 11pm at night though! sleep.gif huh.gif
mcdronkz
It was actually pretty much what I expected and hoped for. It was the first webinar for me. Although it's nothing new, it's really great to watch live over the shoulder of someone else in 1900x1200 pixels while staying at home and eating some crisps and having some beverages.

I already knew most of what the guy was demonstrating and the composite was pretty easy, but I learned a few good tricks along the way, even though the time was limited and the guy had to rush his work most of the time.
Nate047
Did he use VRS to render the background? Or did he start with a "prepared" background?
mcdronkz
QUOTE(Nate047 @ Jun 5 2011, 09:07 AM) *
Did he use VRS to render the background? Or did he start with a "prepared" background?

The plate was shot from a moving vehicle.
Seethegrim
Seeing as I had a 5am flight the next morning... I didn't get around to staying up to watch this. I'll maybe download the rebroadcast.
Nate047
QUOTE(mcdronkz @ Jun 5 2011, 10:17 AM) *
The plate was shot from a moving vehicle.

interesting thumbs_up.gif
Nike SB'd
FWIW RetouchPro now allows you to "rent" these sessions for $15 if you're in the US - so if anyone missed it that wants to watch that's an option.

Here's the link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXYHckOIoRs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.