Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I spy something....
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
redls1bird
Blue.
dukenukem
panties?
redls1bird
Oddly enough my wife was sporting blue undergarments this morning.... I did spy them. That was not the answer we were looking for though. Good try!

I spy something blue, with four wheels...
Razor
2012 Golf R, U.S. Spec.
redls1bird
No to the R, I'm sad to say.

Additional info, this is my wifes new car which means it will replace the volvo.

I spy something blue with four wheels and a rear lip spoiler...
redls1bird
I spy something blue with four wheels, a lip spoiler and a 6mt.
Asher
1 M Coupe

Haha, Jk. Just saw the wife post.
911xx
Scirocco.
shandyman5
QUOTE(redls1bird @ May 29 2011, 10:00 PM) *
I spy something blue with four wheels, a lip spoiler and a 6mt.

This is getting tedious already.... how about some details that actually matter.
Vadvagool
Too distracted by your Avatar to guess
dukenukem
Ford Focus?
nismo
350z/370z
moe
BMW 3-series
redls1bird
I spy something blue with four wheels, a lip spoiler, 6mt and a vin number that starts with WAU...
Razor
You got an Audi of some sort.

S4?
redls1bird

what platform?
shandyman5
QUOTE(redls1bird @ May 30 2011, 11:03 AM) *

what platform?

B5 with a 2.7T....
Razor
No, B6. Note the headlight switch.
redls1bird
QUOTE(Razor @ May 30 2011, 11:32 AM) *
No, B6. Note the headlight switch.

someones got a good eye!

this is the only pic I have of it right now. Pic of the interior was not from this actual car, but the same with black leather Recaros

vital info:

2004 Nogaro Blue S4
4.2 L V-8 paired with 6mt
61,xxx miles
Black napa leather interior, no sunroof
bone stock

We pick it up tomorrow or Wednesday depending on how bad the banks drag their feet.
clarkma5
Very nice! Love S4s, particularly in Nogaro Blue. Really badass.
shandyman5
Glad you got a B6, B5's are junk....
moe
Love it man, congratulations. V8 POWAAA!!! I love 8-cylinders in cars that size.
Altostratus
don't mind getting ass raped at the pump?
moe
^ He's got a Firebird, this is like a Prius in comparison.

QUOTE(shandyman5 @ May 31 2011, 06:54 AM) *
Glad you got a B6, B5's are junk....

Yeah, but it was probably the best-looking S4/A4. I've driven a non-S B5, and it was pretty terrible.
redls1bird
QUOTE(Altostratus @ May 31 2011, 07:53 AM) *
don't mind getting ass raped at the pump?

Believe it or not, the Trans Am will pull 28-30 mpg in sixth gear at 78-82 mph (.5 6th ratio and 3.42's ftw!!!)

As far as the S4, my wife drives 10 miles a day. We pretty much take the GTI most places and to be quite honest, the S 60's city mileage would make you cringe.

Will I spend more at the pump? Yeah, but im not concerned about it.
fiber optic
QUOTE(moe @ May 31 2011, 04:14 AM) *
I love 8-cylinders

I agree with this part.
redls1bird

Razor
Any mod plans?

May I suggest this?
redls1bird
No major plans yet. Probably lower it slightly, trying to find some decent 18 inch wheels that wont empty my bank account. Those carbon fiber trims do look really nice though. I'll look for approval from the boss soon.

these look kinda nice:

although s-line wheels always look good too:

b0mb3r
good locking car.. congrads man! smile.gif
Altostratus
I love that you didnt get the stupid blue alacantara inserts on the seats. Those recaros must feel like heaven compaired to the t/a. GM has never made a comfortable seat.
redls1bird
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Jun 1 2011, 11:00 PM) *
I love that you didnt get the stupid blue alacantara inserts on the seats. Those recaros must feel like heaven compared to the t/a. GM has never made a comfortable seat.

The only nice thing about the T/A is the inflatable bolsters and lumbar. In comparison to the Volvo, the T/A was like sitting on a bucket with a seatbelt on. There is no proper comparison from the T/A to the S4, with proper leather bound Recaros. Even the Recaros in the GTI feel a little awkward in direct comparison .

Quick driving analysis: Ive only personally put about 30 miles on the car, but 5 of them I made it earn. The only way I can describe this car is its like video game accurate. I feel driving it like its one step ahead of me, even with the cheesy tires currently installed. I can definitely tell its a heavy car with the right application of steering and throttle. I keep forgetting about the extra 1500 revs or so above 5500. You hear the noise the engine makes and your brain says "SHIFT NOW ASSHOLE!" then you see the tach and leave it to the boards. Your rewarded with some serious melody from that V8, even with stock exhaust.

I only have one complaint. There is no sense of speed in this car. It never feels as if your traveling as fast as you are. You always feel like you can brake, gas, and go in time to avoid any hazard. Its really remarkable, and truly terrifying.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.