Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: is made2own.com dead?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
Easton
Fuck I'm having a nightmare at the moment, I'm having to move on from my old hoster of www.eastonchang.com and so I've been trying to change my hosting services over to made2own

I changed the nameservers to ns1.made2own.com and ns2.made2own.com and despite successful propagation (it's no longer pointing to the old host) nothing is happening on the made2own side.

Try visiting eastonchang.com now, you'll find nothing.

So now my main work/contact email address has been dead for the last week and despite submitting a support ticket 3 days ago I still haven't received a reply from made2own.com

Because of how urgent the matter was, 4 days ago I bought a domain transfer for made2own so that way they're handling both domain as well as hosting, again nothing has happened.

Furthermore my wallpapergarage.com hosting has been paid up to date for the past several months and it's still showing it's suspended?!

Is made2own dead? Am I asking a question with a ridiculously obvious answer? Diesel used to use made2own for this site so I figured I'd ask here. What a waste of money!
Razor
QUOTE(Easton @ Apr 26 2011, 06:42 PM) *
Fuck I'm having a nightmare at the moment, I'm having to move on from my old hoster of www.eastonchang.com and so I've been trying to change my hosting services over to made2own

I changed the nameservers to ns1.made2own.com and ns2.made2own.com and despite successful propagation (it's no longer pointing to the old host) nothing is happening on the made2own side.

Try visiting eastonchang.com now, you'll find nothing.

So now my main work/contact email address has been dead for the last week and despite submitting a support ticket 3 days ago I still haven't received a reply from made2own.com

Because of how urgent the matter was, 4 days ago I bought a domain transfer for made2own so that way they're handling both domain as well as hosting, again nothing has happened.

Furthermore my wallpapergarage.com hosting has been paid up to date for the past several months and it's still showing it's suspended?!

Is made2own dead? Am I asking a question with a ridiculously obvious answer? Diesel used to use made2own for this site so I figured I'd ask here. What a waste of money!

Either way, switch to MediaTemple. You won't be sorry.
Easton
Haha even my avatar is dead

Mate thanks for your suggestion, I'm not even going to bother shopping around, I trust your recommendation completely.
Easton
Which hosting option should I go for? I'm so confused with the jargon, i just want a simple (Dedicated IP) starting host account.
Razor
QUOTE(Easton @ Apr 26 2011, 06:52 PM) *
Which hosting option should I go for? I'm so confused with the jargon, i just want a simple (Dedicated IP) starting host account.

What was your previous plan? What did it include and how much did it cost? I'll try to translate that into (mt) terms.
Easton
http://www.made2own.com/web-hosting/

Starter or standard plan will be fine, cept with dedicated IP (is a $5 p/m option)

Don't care if it's dearer, as long as it works lol
Easton
I'm thinking standard grid services does me fine
Cyclone
Switch to Mediatemple and go with GS. It's more than Made2Own but with Mediatemple you get excellent support. They have a 24hour support number with knowledgeable staff who are extremely helpful.

I've used them for years, always been happy with the service.
Easton
Thanks guys, just ordered.

Am I able to use the one hosting account to host both eastonchang.com as well as wallpapergarage.com? Or will I have to get an additional hosting account?
mickhelpaul
i think their is a problem with standard grid.............
Razor
QUOTE(Easton @ Apr 26 2011, 07:17 PM) *
Thanks guys, just ordered.

Am I able to use the one hosting account to host both eastonchang.com as well as wallpapergarage.com? Or will I have to get an additional hosting account?

You can do both with one account, if I'm not mistaken.
Diesel
Easton. let me know if i can help. i have a hosting account on Dreamhost i can definitely host you.
Easton
cheers Diesel! I just signed up with MediaTemple so alright for now.

lol I made a support ticket with Made2Own a week ago and they just closed it without replying.
DB9
QUOTE(Easton @ May 1 2011, 11:43 PM) *
cheers Diesel! I just signed up with MediaTemple so alright for now.

lol I made a support ticket with Made2Own a week ago and they just closed it without replying.

On a side note, that shot of the mercedes with the kangaroos is awesome lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.