Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Studio flash questions
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography > Gear & Equipment
HenrikssonMedia
I'm thinking about upgrading my external flashes from handheld ones to studio flashes, but since I have no experience what so ever with studio flashes I need some pointers.

First of all, my budget is, ofcourse, quite low since I'm a student. So expensive flashsystems with external batteries etc etc isn't in my pricerange so I was thinking about getting a 12v-230v converter for the flashes. Sinec 600-1000w converters costs quite alot i was thinking about getting two "low energy flashes" each 48w, the seller says it equals to 250w with regular bulbs. Does anyone have any experience with lowenergy flashes? Do I need even more powerful flashes for shooting cars? Ofcourse more is better but how long will 2x250w get me and how much will it differ from my current 2x speedlights?
Mr.D
I have no idea what low energy flashes are but it sounds like bogus. I would advise atleast +400W from a good manufacture (+500W from any china made stuff).
Most china made stuff are often to high in output specs and break after a couple of months anyway. You need to buy a flash with autodump aswell.
How do you even get 250W from a 48W flash bulb? Remeber that it needs to be a flash bulb and not any regular light bulb.
Stay with speedlights and buy one more until you can afford a real set.
HenrikssonMedia
thank you for your input! Ill stick with speedlights this summer then!
slrlounge
I agree also, stay with the speedlights for now. Light is light.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.