Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The man who should be hosting Top Gear USA does another awesome review.
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Alt.Binaries
Razor
Just... watch.

/came.
MustangAficionado
I agree, would have been the best choice. You wont see him hate on many things (may be nature of his program), but he still gets the point across. Like when he reviewed the 3 seriers hardtop convertable, made mention a few times it was like +350lbs, but loved it for what it was - a coastal cruiser he wouldnt trade for much of anything for that role.
clarkma5
Very nice, never heard of this guy before. Great review, great video work, great sound work, love the car, love the road (he never said what road it was! I thought it was Cerro Noroeste at first, but Cerro Noroeste doesn't have that many 1-lane sections).
MustangAficionado
Check out some of his other reviews, you'd be surprised hot legit some of his stuff is.
Also, looks like the Audi he talks about and possibly that lambo use my TVS blower design.
clarkma5
TVS is definitely becoming the standard in superchargers...way more efficient.
dukenukem
+1 on Matt Farrah being a cast member of Top Gear USA.
fiber optic
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Apr 6 2011, 02:10 PM) *
+1 on Matt Farrah being a cast member of Top Gear USA.

If he replaced Tanner I wouldn't cry about it.
OHirtenfelder
He's a good host, and his manner is really awesome. He keeps his cool but gets 'giddy' enough when it's called for, but it's not like he's some wowwy host. I don't know how much TG USA sucks, but this guy is just a slightly above average host imo.
I do like his videos though. They are well put together!
shandyman5
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Apr 6 2011, 08:08 PM) *
If he replaced Tanner I wouldn't cry about it.

Your kidding right.... Tanner is the only host on that show that can actually drive a car. I enjoyed Rutledge more and more as the season progressed. I think this guy would be a great replacement for Adam Ferrara who I think quite frankly, sucks.
Razor
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Apr 6 2011, 10:26 PM) *
Your kidding right.... Tanner is the only host on that show that can actually drive a car. I enjoyed Rutledge more and more as the season progressed. I think this guy would be a great replacement for Adam Ferrara who I think quite frankly, sucks.

That was his point; this guy is a better host/driver combo than Tanner, by far.
clarkma5
Tanner's my favorite one on that cast :/

I'm still in the "replace Rutledge" camp, though he did grow on me through the season too. Just not enough for me to think he deserves to be there.
dukenukem
I find Adam Ferrararara the most ordinary of the 3. There is almost nothing that stands out about him or his character. :shrug:
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Apr 7 2011, 12:16 AM) *
That was his point; this guy is a better host/driver combo than Tanner, by far.

I absolutely disagree.
Razor
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Apr 7 2011, 05:52 PM) *
I absolutely disagree.

Tanner can drive, but he always sounds like he's reading his script or doing an advertisement.
fiber optic
QUOTE(Razor @ Apr 7 2011, 04:54 PM) *
Tanner can drive, but he always sounds like he's reading his script or doing an advertisement.

Plus, I sense he's the ricer of the group.
DB9
Looks like Matt Farrah will already be on a car show.
Razor
QUOTE(DB9 @ Apr 7 2011, 07:01 PM) *
Looks like Matt Farrah will already be on a car show.

Oh no. sad.gif

Hosted by Adam Corolla and featuring Dan Neil?

Even if it is good, no car enthusiasts will watch it because Ray Wert will jizz one of his dirty smear campaigns against it. He HATES those guys.
clarkma5
I have no idea who/what you're talking about, razor.
moe
The guys from the Axis of Oversteer blog should host a show. From the looks of it though, they all have cushy day jobs.
Razor
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Apr 7 2011, 07:24 PM) *
I have no idea who/what you're talking about, razor.

Okay, maybe not Adam Corolla, but Dan Neil. Ray Wert ran one of Jalopnik's famous "This is the [NOUN] who [VERB PHRASE]ed [OPTIONAL INDIRECT and/or DIRECT OBJECT]" smear campaigns complete with a very unflattering picture. Specifically, they targeted Dan Neil for his pro-PDK comments when reviewing the Boxster Spyder. Even most of DS was on the Ray Wert "TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS FOR DAN NEIL" bandwagon when that happened; I could find the thread if necessary.
clarkma5
I don't know/care who Ray Wert is and I imagine few people do...
Razor
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Apr 8 2011, 03:47 AM) *
I don't know/care who Ray Wert is and I imagine few people do...

He's the Editor-in-Chief of Jalopnik, and he gets butthurt really, really easily.
speedyK
Hands up all those who were grinning while they watched the Gallardo vid! biggrin.gif thumbs_up.gif
shandyman5
QUOTE(speedyK @ Apr 10 2011, 08:20 AM) *
Hands up all those who were grinning while they watched the Gallardo vid! biggrin.gif thumbs_up.gif

Take a look at the Underground Racing TT Gallardo's... those are the most insane cars in the world in my opinion.
Nike SB'd
QUOTE(moe @ Apr 7 2011, 09:00 PM) *
The guys from the Axis of Oversteer blog should host a show. From the looks of it though, they all have cushy day jobs.

This.

Honestly you guys like Matt Farah? He's the butt of a lot of jokes amongst automotive journalists lol.

Even... the way... he speaks... annoys the shit out of me. /farah speech pattern.
1013mm
Matt has a lot of pauses... i don't like that lol.
MustangAficionado
Yes, it sounds like he's talking in bullet points, but not like he's talking from a script. I'd rather have the former.
Altostratus
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Apr 11 2011, 06:50 PM) *
Take a look at the Underground Racing TT Gallardo's... those are the most insane cars in the world in my opinion.

+1 to this

the 6 speeds are so much cooler than the E-gears

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.