Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ipod management software that doesn't blow
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
fiber optic
Itunes has driven me to the edge finally. It was only a matter of time. Can anyone suggest a good free alternative for managing the music on my first generation ipod touch?
Razor
I don't see what everyone's problem with iTunes is. The only things that bugged me were Ping and Genius, but those aren't anything a little Terminal magic can't fix.
fiber optic
I'm using the 64-bit version of Windows 7.

EDIT: I found Songbird and MediaMonkey. Anyone have any opinions on either of those?
fiber optic
QUOTE(Razor @ Mar 31 2011, 10:37 PM) *
I don't see what everyone's problem with iTunes is. The only things that bugged me were Ping and Genius, but those aren't anything a little Terminal magic can't fix.

Besides the fact I'm forced to install quicktime for which I have absolutely no use? Or that it just randomly decides to stop synchronization to my ipod? When an update comes out it wants to install a couple of other programs I don't care about? It puts a shortcut on my desktop without even asking if I wanted one there?

I've said it in the past but I got the ipod for free. I'd have never bought one with my own money. The mp3 player I bought for my wife I can drag and drop files to it like it's an external hard disk. No stupid software required.
dukenukem
QUOTE(Razor @ Mar 31 2011, 10:37 PM) *

I would install Real player before I would willingly install iTunes. The stupid piece of shit delete half the songs from my Music folder while it tried to do god knows what.
fiber optic
Sharepod and yamipod. Anyone?
Razor
Wow, this is Clark(mac) Syndrome all over again. You all have these scary issues, but I've NEVER had an issue with any Apple-related software, even for Windows. I'd love to know why.
DB9
My roommate had his music deleted too from itunes. I haven't done anything in terms of switching over, however, because I'm afraid it will threaten to delete mine as well. unsure.gif
Aircooled
I'm a mac hater but I've never had itunes delete music on me.
fiber optic
I didn't commit to anything.

I did some searches on the specific error I was getting. I'm not sure what actually fixed it but I un-install/re-installed twice, with various ipod connected/disconnected states. Then I rebooted the ipod/computer multiple times and now it transfers music again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.