Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Supra Turbo, RX7, 3kGT VR-4, or 300ZX twin turbo?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
Mr b00st
Did another poll for the website as I've had all four of these cars on the brain lately. As usual I always like getting DS' input on these as you all are the most opinionated bunch on the 'net. The article and poll is Here. For reference, the question is JZA80 Supra Twin Turbo, FD3S RX7, 3S VR-4, or Z32 Twin Turbo. What's your general preference?

also, check this sweet graphic I made, haha

-James
shandyman5
QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Mar 26 2011, 05:18 PM) *
Did another poll for the website as I've had all four of these cars on the brain lately. As usual I always like getting DS' input on these as you all are the most opinionated bunch on the 'net. The article and poll is Here. For reference, the question is JZA80 Supra Twin Turbo, FD3S RX7, 3S VR-4, or Z32 Twin Turbo. What's your general preference?

also, check this sweet graphic I made, haha

-James

My personal favorite is the RX-7 even though I hate those rotaries. I think that body could be rolled out today brand new and still look good, it really is a stunner.

My second favorite is no question the Supra. You can make those things 1000 hp easy. They are HP monsters.

I don't care for the 300zx one way or the other.

VR-4's are junk.
dukenukem
RX-7 for being the nicest driving, nicest looking and bestest car to put a LS motor in.
Mr b00st
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Mar 26 2011, 06:44 PM) *
RX-7 for being the nicest driving, nicest looking and bestest car to put a LS motor in.

but not the only one! :-P

can't say I've ever seen an LS1 in a Supra.
moe
I'm a big fan of all of 'em. The RX-7 is one of my favorite cars of all time, and lately I've had a growing interest in the 3000GT. Always loved the ZX too. Not as big of a fan of the Supra. If I had to choose one, it'd probably be the RX.
caster
Tough choice between the Supra and the RX7, but I think the Supra takes it mainly because of the legendary 2JZ engine and I'm partial to it. So I'd say Supra, RX7, 300ZX, and then 3000GT VR4
350Z
FD RX-7 all day everyday.
Bjorn
FD RX-7. I don't think I would ever own one, due to the twin turbo 13B's legendarily hideous reliability, but I pined after them every day of my youth.

Such a shame that the only ones I see these days are owned by punks who add a Wings West body kit and some terrible wheels . . . then declare they are "balling."
Razor
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Mar 28 2011, 08:08 AM) *
Such a shame that the only ones I see these days are owned by punks who add a Wings West body kit and some terrible wheels . . . then declare they are "balling."

/Dies a little inside.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Mar 28 2011, 08:08 AM) *
FD RX-7. I don't think I would ever own one, due to the twin turbo 13B's legendarily hideous reliability, but I pined after them every day of my youth.

Aren't they ballin' though? Balling is so out right now. rolleyes.gif
b0mb3r
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Mar 28 2011, 05:08 AM) *

agreed that's why I will take the Supra...
dukenukem
QUOTE(b0mb3r @ Mar 28 2011, 05:45 PM) *

Silly kids. There is a reason Chevy created the LS motor.
moe
QUOTE(b0mb3r @ Mar 29 2011, 02:45 AM) *

Mr b00st
QUOTE(moe @ Mar 30 2011, 04:19 AM) *

!!
misnblu
QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Mar 30 2011, 07:27 PM) *
!!

laugh.gif

FD first
Supra second
VR-4 third and the Z last. Ever worked on that VQ30 engine? tard.gif
Mr b00st
QUOTE(misnblu @ Apr 23 2011, 05:33 PM) *
laugh.gif

FD first
Supra second
VR-4 third and the Z last. Ever worked on that VQ30 engine? tard.gif

oh god. The VG30DE/DETT is a huge pain in the ass. I've never worked on a twin-turbo but i did replace IM gaskets and plugs/coilpacks on a friend's Infiniti J30, which is a VG30DE (twin cam.) What a nightmare.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.