Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [1013MM] Presents: My Official Introduction. 2 Years Worth Of Build Recording Inside :D
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
1013mm
Hate it or love it. Everyone has their own opinion of this car and the mods, I accept them all. After all, its a public forum anyway. Compliments and flames welcome and respected. smile.gif

Self-Introduction:
I’m John Zhang, a photographer from southern California. I run all my photographic ventures under the alias 1013MM. You may have seen my work all around numerous BMW forums, Canibeat and some popular BMW mags such as Eurotuner, Bimmer Mag, Performance BMW. I like cars, but I like photographing them more.

Build Overview:
I was actually in the market for a JDM car in the beginning but after comparing the prices of a 370z and Evo 10 I choose luxury over my teenage dream cars. I wanted a car that would portray me as being mature while being sporty at the same time. The 135i fit the bill and I really liked the drive/handling of the 325i my mom drove. I am a very particular person when it comes to owning things. I like exclusiveness. That is another reason why I chose the 135i, not too many people have it and even if they do even less people will have it in Monaco Blue which is now discontinued for the 135i.

Phase Two (Current):
Spacers on my desk, sides in paint, need to make an appointment for new eyes. biggrin.gif

Phase One (2010):

Current Modifications:
- Falken 452 + CCW LM20 Full Polish
- All fenders rolled and pulled
- Rotiform studs + Project Kics Neochro lugs
- ST Coilovers (on lowest setting)
- BMW Performance brake kit + front and rear rotors
- RPI Air Scoops custom painted
- RS Technik 5mm spacers front
- iCarbon carbon fiber rear diffuser
- AutoTechnik custom painted carbon fiber performance spoiler replica
- 3d Design Front Lip
- BMW Performance side skirts
- Sports seats
- Custom M3 steering wheel
- Exhaust
- Angel eyes (LS1)

Future Modifications:
- Cusco OS Style or ARC Strut Brace
- Cobb tune (maybe)

Outro:
The stuff I do isn’t for everyone I agree, and not everyone will like it, I know. I will say this now. This is my first car and I was intent on getting a JDM car to begin with but ended up with a BMW in the end so I guess the JDM stuff is my boy ricer in me raging LOL. But hey, everyone has his or her own visions/uniqueness and this is my vision.

**** it or love it. Everyone has their own opinion of this car and the mods, I accept them all. After all, its a public forum anyway. Compliments and flames welcome and respected smile.gif

Build Overview:
I was actually in the market for a JDM car in the beginning but after comparing the prices of a 370z and Evo 10 I choose luxury over my teenage dream cars. I wanted a car that would portray me as being mature while being sporty at the same time. The 135i fit the bill and I really liked the drive/handling of the 325i my mom drove. I am a very particular person when it comes to owning things. I like exclusiveness. That is another reason why I chose the 135i, not too many people have it and even if they do even less people will have it in Monaco Blue which is now discontinued for the 135i.

PHASE 2 (CURRENT 2011)

HPFP...

Slightly revamped interior

Current Modifications:
- Falken 452 + CCW LM20 Full Polish
- 5mm spacers front
*ALL fenders rolled
- ST Coilovers on lowest setting
- Rotiform studs + Project Kics Neochro lugs
- 3D Design Front Lip
- BMW Performance side skirts
- Half painted carbon fiber performance spoiler rep
- BMW Performance Brake Kit with front and rear performance rotors
- Pheonix Gold Metallic painted RPI air scoops
- BMW sports seats
- Custom M3 steering wheel

So far the car has only been in the rain a total of 10 times in 2 years and 9971 miles smile.gif BIG things to come soon! wink.gif

PHASE 1 (2010)

When I first got it, after waiting a year***8230; This car would be the first car wholly financed by me. No more hand me downs from parents! biggrin.gif

After about 4800 miles on the and leaving it as stock for exactly 1 year I decided it was time to start the mods. The first mod I went with was the wheels which I thought would be the most dramatic mod. And I was right; I had a lot of positive response for the wheels I chose which were the VMR V701s. Of course with wheels I would need a drop and then came the H&R Sport spring which gave me a racked drop, although the front was a little too aggressive for my taste, it did make my stance look really aggressive and therefore did not give my car that "monster truck" look. With the wheels I chose conservative silver color so I would not lose that "sleeper" quality that this car gives off which is great. I can still remember the delight I had when I surprised an IS-F after being tailgated by him for a mile. biggrin.gif To note, I really wanted 18s and not 19s though. 18s are more practical while 19s are more for looks.

Thanks to the VMR guys for the wheels and Long Tran for my install!

Then come the CF bits. Thanks iCarbon and AutoTecknic!

Now the first to do this type of spoiler paint and initially wanted something else but it could not be done by the paint shop sad.gif I didn't want to expose too much CF though, hence the paint***8230;

Another thing I painted was the 3D Design that I bought from VIVIDRACING. They were the only ones who were able to to get me the lip the fastest, right before Bimmerfest, I can't thank them enough for the price, communication and shipping time! Bought and shipped the same day!!

My brakes were somehow chipped so I decided to add some more JDM flavor to the car by adding a nice contrasting yellow color. The BMW Performance brake kit with the front and rear rotors. BIG thanks to DAN@UNITEDBMW for the good service and price!!!

Old Modifications:
- VMR V701 19x8.5 ET45 Front and 19x9.5 ET45 Rear
- Falkens FK452 235/35/19 Front and 255/35/19 Rear
*ALL fenders rolled
- H&R Sport Springs with Koni Yellow shocks (medium setting)
- 3D Design Front Lip
- Half painted carbon fiber performance spoiler rep
- BMW Performance Brake Kit with front and rear performance rotors
- Pheonix Gold Metallic painted RPI air scoops
- BMW sports seats

Goals:
I really like the Studie and 3D Design BMW builds and am very inspired by Japanese German car tuner companies such as Amuse, Ericsson, 3D Design, End.CC, and so on***8230;. So I decided to Japan meets German theme while trying not to lose that classy luxury car look at the same time (although I do kinda think I went a little overboard lol). I wanted carbon fiber bits, but did not want them to show too much so I decided to do a custom paint on my spoiler to set it off and added a carbon fiber diffuser and splitters in the front. The VMR V701s are Advans RS inspired so I was set in the wheels department. The 3D Design lip really gives it that extra special JDM touch! Notice the JDM air freshener too biggrin.gif!

As of now I DO NOT have any plans for engine or performance mods under the hood. I don't care for the extra power cause believe that if you chip that and add this and that it basically won't be a BMW anymore. But who knows biggrin.gif

Future Plans:
- Angel eyes
- BMW Performance Exhuast (maybe?)
- Intake (maybe)
- Chip tune (unlikely, but just throwing it out here)
- Strut bar

Updated Thanks:
Dan@CCW for helping me with my cracked wheel and Rotiform for answering all my emails and sending me the studs. Also Eric@pyspeed for helping me out with my spacers smile.gif

I would of course like to thank everyone on 1addicts, without you guys, I would have been without so much information on the 135i. I also want to thank the guys at VMR Wheels for the wheel support and LTBMW aka Long Tran and RennSpec for all the suggestions and installations. Dan@UnitedBMW for the cheapest OEM BMW parts and EXCELLENT service/communication! For those with great eyes, notice the yellow scoops, they are RPI scoops that only come in red, but I got them paint matched with the calipers biggrin.gif a big big thank you to Redline Motorworks for extending a very very last minute offer to me that I could not pass up!! And one last shout out to VIVIDRACING for coming through for me very last minute!

Thanks for looking/reading! I will keep updating this thread when I get more mods/updates biggrin.gif! That's of course if I don't go broke!!! Feel free to ask me anything regarding my mods and the 135i! thumbs_up.gif It's my hope that I can now give back to the community even more after all the help I've received! :thumsup::thumsup::thumsup:

And to anyone who I missed, it was not intentional! Let me know!

Outro:
The stuff I do isn't for everyone I agree, and not everyone will like it, I know. I will say this now. This is my first car and I was intent on getting a JDM car to begin with but ended up with a BMW in the end so I guess the JDM stuff is my boy ***** in me raging LOL. But hey, everyone has his or her own visions/uniqueness and this is my vision.

I will add onto this thread from now on as my journey with this car grows smile.gif BIGGER things to come soon biggrin.gif

HOPE YOU ENJOY.

A big shout out to VMR Wheels for having me display my car at their BimmerFest 2010 booth! It was a great experience. My first BimmerFest with my own BMW. I had a chance to meet a lot of great people and put forum names and faces together. I also had a chance to catch up with a lot of old friends! I can't thank everyone enough for the props! I'm just super tired right now (I had to wake up at 5am for BimmerFest). It's all good though!

Yoshi was very shy... :love:

So right after Bimmerfest I found out that my car was featured on 3D Design Japan's blog! How cool is that?!? THANKS 3D Design for making quality products!!!!:thumbsup:

"We installed the front lip from the United States, .... We collected photographs, is very professional-looking photos Take a look at it. The dynamic range, .... ^ ^ cool."

Sports seats installed since I didn't get the car with sports seats and someone gave me a deal I just couldn't pass up.

While not much of an upgrade to some, this was a huge one to me.

Steering wheel is next biggrin.gif

Not sure if you guys have seen but...

So since the last time I've posted an update (didn't really do much between the last update and until this), I got a new sports seats and a custom M3 steering wheel to boot...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457250

Keep in mind that I DO NOT have sports package like the 12318920381023 of you guys biggrin.gif

By the end of last year I found out that ST a sister company of KW made coilovers for the 1 series so I jumped on the opportunity to go lower...

QUOTE(jzhang;8558731)
Hey guys, back with some new mods for my car, although it's not too visually noticeable, it's still worth reading. I don't do too many long posts without photos, but since this a review of some great products for out car, it will have to do so bear with me here biggrin.gif Also don't ask me all the technical aspects of the suspension I ran, cause I don't even know what spring rates are or do. laugh.gif

I got all my suspension work done and parts from longtran@ltbmw feel free to contact him! Great guy and service! :thumsup::thumsup::thumsup:

ST Coilovers
I don't have any photos of the suspension itself or how to car looks now (crazy rain in Socal), but I will try to explain it. ST Coilovers are from the same company as KW's they are EXACTLY like the KW V1's but in a nutshell they don't have a lifetime warranty and is cheaper. The height is adjustable, but not the dampening. The ride is smoother than even my previous H&R Sport + Koni Yellow Shocks. Even though I can't adjust the dampening it was better than the Koni's on medium setting. I loved the racked look that the H&R Sport springs had, but the gap in the back made me want to go lower, but not H&R Race low. I find that the ST Coilovers is the perfect blend of looks and ride. I went lower in the back and left the front. I can pass through the bumps that I had trouble with in the past without my worrying too much about the suspension not being able to compensate. I'm just wondering to myself, why didn't I know about this before?!

H&R Sport + Koni Yellow Shocks

With the addition of Koni Yellows, I was more confident when I was passing bumps on roads without having to worry about bottoming out. My Koni's were set on Medium setting the whole time and I never changed it. In retrospect the fronts were ok, but the back need some tightening up since it would be too bouncy back there without some weight. The ride was overall bearable for a 2 hour drive. I would think I would have gotten sick of it if I was going on a 4 hour drive or more. The springs are actually pretty harsh for a long drive.

H&R Sport + OEM Shocks

When I first decided to get a drop I was being cheap. I read that the springs would ride fine with the OEM shocks. Man, was I wrong sad.gif The ride was only good and bearable on smooth local roads, if you live in Miami, you should have no problem, but if you commute in Los Angeles, you will **** every bit of it. There was no rebound from the OEM shocks since they weren't made for those springs and I would bottom out due to the slightest bump on the road. The look was good, but the drive was horrible, especially on bumpier roads. I quickly got Koni Yellows after a month.

OEM Non-Sport + OEM Shocks

When I first got the car I thought to myself, man! this car is low and looks great. Of course it was not until I got a drop that I was actually low. I felt that BMW had dumbed down the suspension. Coming from a E90 3-Series, I thought the handling would be better especially since the car was smaller and sportier. There was too much body roll for me and it was a bit floaty. This set up is really made for comfort IMO. When I think back, this is the setup to stay with if you like hassle-free suspension and comfort on long journeys or on bumpy roads. I would still angle into dips and driveways, but not much, never bottomed out.

I got all my suspension work done and parts from longtran@ltbmw feel free to contact him! Great guy and service! :thumsup::thumsup::thumsup:

I am now on the lowest setting of the coils

Since the car was turning 2 I decided it was time to overhaul it's looks again but swapping the wheel setup....

Here was the very last photo I had of my last setup and I do thank VMR for everything they did for me! This is not the last they'll hear from me. smile.gif

I decided it was time to set up my JDM game by getting the most JDM lugs that I could think of to do a lug conversion. I had a hard time choosing between blue, gold, chrome, silver, or black lugs, but I wanted to stand out. I didn't even consider these Project Kic Neo Chro lugs since I thought they were too showy. I slowly realized that JDM is all about showy so I made a last minute decision to get thes JDM lugs and I don't regret it! The closed ended studs are around 80-90mm custom from the good people at Rotiform since I wanted chrome colored lugs to match my car and everyone else was either black or open or both. I'm just really picky and detailed oriented.

My new set of full polished CCWs really help set the lugs off and the conversion really helps make the lugs stand out!

At this point the car was...
- On the lowest ST Coilover setting.
- All fenders rolled and pulled
- On natural camber

There was a very heated debate about "hellaflush" due to my recent wheel threads...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476885

Around 9400 miles I got my first fuel pump limp mode and engine check light which sucked since it was right after I put on my CCWs...

I had to wait for a week to get it fixed. While it was getting fixed a wheel decided to crack on me so I was forced to run a E90 LCI M-Sport wheel for a week...

BIG SHOUTOUT TO FRANKE90 for this!! :thumsup::love:

So in case you were wondering, that's the front wheel of an E90 on the rear of my 135i the offset was perfectly flush and didn't poke as much as my VMRs did, but I must admit, it did look great

After I got my HPFP and wheel sorted out it was time for spacers and side skirts. I wanted spacers since my fronts were pulled, I could fit a mid et20 so I went safe with a 5mm when I could have went for a 10mm (you all know what's next) I also got sides. I was really holding off on getting sides cause I ***** the idea of fake vents, but no one has yet to come out with a different option. I was VERY hesitant, but decided to go for it anyway and I don't regret it. A very SPECIAL thanks to Eric@PYSPEED and Dan@UnitedBMW for everything and their continuous support!

Next is new eyes, which I have already made an appointment for, an exhaust which I have been getting quote on, performance mods which I have already been dreaming about

Also been thinking about taking out the rear spring perches for that extra low

Recently featured on MotorWerks Magazine Issue 2

1013mm
So Yoshi got new eyes and gloss black painted lower grills. So a front facelift I would call it. The headlights are the BavarianX LS1 with silver amber option, I left the inner housing. Looks just like the euro headlights with LEDs super bright during the day in direct sunlight. Check it out! Oh hey, you can see my performance brake caliper paint matched RPI airscoops finally BIG SHOUTOUT AND THANKS TO BAVX for the good service and new eyes!

Somethings here... hopefully by next week...

Nice sure how significant this is just testing out new equipment. New stuff will be coming this week smile.gif

YouTube - 1013MM: Slider Testing smile.gif
skr
Love it.

I've driven a 135i in stock trim with the M package and OMG.. I LOVED IT. To the point where I indeed felt the car didn't need any performance changes.

Welcome to the forum!
dukenukem
You win the longest introductory post of the year award!
Razor
That's GORGEOUS. Check your PMs!
moe
Love it in its current state. Not a big fan of the previous set of rims. Love the little JDM air freshner thing too.
shandyman5
Automatic 135i- Fail
Herra Frush 'Tard on a 135i- Fail
Ultra Expensive CCW Wheels that look like shit IMO- Fail
Longest Fucking Intro Post that was hard to follow, and lacked sense with repeated pictured- Fail.

Sorry, not my style man.

Nice car though. rolleyes.gif

FWIW those VMR wheels look sick and if that is what you have on the car now then props. I can't tell what is on the car now, and it definitely doesn't look herra frush ' tard with those wheels. So props for that look.
Aircooled
Obviously a copy pasta job. Redundant photos were annoying. The only wheels that looked good on the car were these.

Pretty huge letdown to have the car all done up and its an automatic, that must be a leftover from your ricer roots.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Aircooled @ Mar 26 2011, 05:21 PM) *
Obviously a copy pasta job. Redundant photos were annoying. The only wheels that looked good on the car were these.

Pretty huge letdown to have the car all done up and its an automatic, that must be a leftover from your ricer roots.

Agreed 100%
1013mm
LOL you guys are harsh. I can understand. theres always an explanation for everything.

Automatic 135i- Fail: try living with room mates who need to move your car in and out of the driveway at random times that dont know how to drive manual and you can feel my pain.
Herra Frush 'Tard on a 135i- Fail: hellaflush? no way. this is flush in my opinion
Ultra Expensive CCW Wheels that look like shit IMO- Fail: CCWs are not expensive, try again with HREs
Longest Fucking Intro Post that was hard to follow, and lacked sense with repeated pictured- Fail: All I did was copy and pasted all my forum posts over, sorry if I took up all your time, you could have read half way and bailed.

As I said in the very beginning hate or love it, everyone has their own opinions that I respect. biggrin.gif thanks!!
DB9
I think it looks great. On the fence about the current rims, but I could see myself getting used to them. I share the same views towards the automatic as everyone, so I won't go on with that.

The color though! drool3.gif so nice. I normally hate the looks of the 1 series in general, but yours looks great!
dukenukem
QUOTE(1013mm @ Mar 26 2011, 09:49 PM) *
LOL you guys are harsh. I can understand. theres always an explanation for everything.

Automatic 135i- Fail: try living with room mates who need to move your car in and out of the driveway at random times that dont know how to drive manual and you can feel my pain.
Herra Frush 'Tard on a 135i- Fail: hellaflush? no way. this is flush in my opinion
Ultra Expensive CCW Wheels that look like shit IMO- Fail: CCWs are not expensive, try again with HREs
Longest Fucking Intro Post that was hard to follow, and lacked sense with repeated pictured- Fail: All I did was copy and pasted all my forum posts over, sorry if I took up all your time, you could have read half way and bailed.

As I said in the very beginning hate or love it, everyone has their own opinions that I respect. biggrin.gif thanks!!

If this is the reason you got an automatic then it is the single dumbest reason I have ever heard anyone give for buying an automatic. Hell, you even beat Razor at the stupid excuses game.

shandyman5
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Mar 27 2011, 12:13 AM) *
If this is the reason you got an automatic then it is the single dumbest reason I have ever heard anyone give for buying an automatic. Hell, you even beat Razor at the stupid excuses game.

Agreed! My roommates, dont touch my car and they are the farthest thing from swaying my decision one way or another about a manual or automatic.

Razor
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Mar 27 2011, 12:13 AM) *

I never make excuses, I just like it more.

What's the automatic in a 135 anyway? Slush or is it BMW's hydraulic SMG?
Bjorn
Pretty sure on a 135 it's a sorority girl slush-box.

I have to admit, this is one of the nicer 135's I've seen (might be the angles you snapped it from). I normally think they are terrible looking cars (like a 3 series someone squished front to back). But pics aside, this car is lowered too much, has terrible wheels and is an automatic.

1013mm
no excuses about the automatic. maybe, im old lol. thanks guys!
911xx
I like the car, nice photos too. Manuals are overrated anyways smile.gif

But I'll still keep mine
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Mar 27 2011, 12:38 AM) *
I never make excuses, I just like it more.

What's the automatic in a 135 anyway? Slush or is it BMW's hydraulic SMG?

If it doesn't have three pedals it's slush.
Razor
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Mar 27 2011, 04:08 PM) *
If it doesn't have three pedals it's slush.

"Slushbox" actually originated because of the use of fluid to transfer power (more commonly know as the torque converter) in automatic transmissions. BMW's SMG, Volkswagen's DSG, Mitsu's TC-SST, etc. don't have torque converters at all, and are actually much closer to (if not exactly) the technology used in sequential transmissions in certain race cars. Porsche began using the clutch-pedal-less twin-clutch transmission with paddles in race cars a long time ago (80s?).
Bjorn
They tried them on 962's, but it was a disaster.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Mar 27 2011, 07:29 PM) *
"Slushbox" actually originated because of the use of fluid to transfer power (more commonly know as the torque converter) in automatic transmissions. BMW's SMG, Volkswagen's DSG, Mitsu's TC-SST, etc. don't have torque converters at all, and are actually much closer to (if not exactly) the technology used in sequential transmissions in certain race cars. Porsche began using the clutch-pedal-less twin-clutch transmission with paddles in race cars a long time ago (80s?).

lulz..... gotcha. firedevil.gif
MustangAficionado
A 2 year build consists of dropping a car, adding a lip and some flame treated studs then changing out the wheels 3-4 times? (couldn't keep track in that mess of a post).
If I just saw your car on the road, I'd be like "oh that's nice, he's probably a cool guy" but after reading that (or trying to?) and the 15 mentions of how you dont care about hate, putting your flame suit on - opposite.
dcho
ohdear.gif john what are you doing here! i should have warned you about DS. hahaha this is typical sad.gif
1013mm
QUOTE(MustangAficionado @ Mar 28 2011, 07:31 PM) *
A 2 year build consists of dropping a car, adding a lip and some flame treated studs then changing out the wheels 3-4 times? (couldn't keep track in that mess of a post).
If I just saw your car on the road, I'd be like "oh that's nice, he's probably a cool guy" but after reading that (or trying to?) and the 15 mentions of how you dont care about hate, putting your flame suit on - opposite.

3 different wheels if you count thumbs_up.gif the stockers

QUOTE(dcho @ Mar 29 2011, 06:59 AM) *
ohdear.gif john what are you doing here! i should have warned you about DS. hahaha this is typical sad.gif

hahahah it's all good. I already was prepared. thumbs_up.gif if my car sucks it sucks, if it looks good it looks good. as long as I like it i'm perfectly fine. DS_Naughty2.gif

I like DieselStation.
MustangAficionado
I think it looks good, especially the first wheel swap. But that post was a poor introduction.
1013mm
Haphazardly threw together a few short clips together of my car in it's most recent state before a Bimmerfest 2011 makeover.

Enjoy? Maybe? I don't know.....

http://vimeo.com/22586629

http://vimeo.com/21630630

shandyman5
Much better post! thumbs_up.gif Raspberry.gif

The truth is, you have a clean car. I even like it. I gotta say though... those wheels are horrible, I really like the first wheel swap you did better.
SwissWhiskey
So you go around and copy paste your writeup? You want more attention?

I decided it was time to set up my JDM game by getting the most JDM lugs that I could think of to do a lug conversion.

Oh great another ricer.

Wheels look like crap. It sits like a hovercraft. Stage 1 was nice.

Please track your car, you might see the light.
Altostratus
the Chinese have never been great with cars
1013mm
QUOTE(SwissWhiskey @ Apr 20 2011, 12:58 AM) *
So you go around and copy paste your writeup? You want more attention?

Oh great another ricer.

Wheels look like crap. It sits like a hovercraft. Stage 1 was nice.

Please track your car, you might see the light.

Yep, copy and pasted. I thought that was obvious. Can you please let me know how is it that I want more attention by that kind of post?

Wheels are changing soon, it's a surprise smile.gif I actually picked up a new set last night.

Not a ricer in any way smile.gif but your opinion of my car is welcome.

QUOTE(Altostratus @ Apr 20 2011, 05:18 AM) *
the Chinese have never been great with cars

I'm not offended by your comments about my car or even the way I modified it. BUT I am very disappointed in your racist comment. This is a car forum.
Altostratus
barely racist.
dcho
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Apr 20 2011, 05:33 PM) *
barely racist.

ni99a im chinese too canadian.gif

QUOTE(1013mm @ Apr 20 2011, 09:10 AM) *
Yep, copy and pasted. I thought that was obvious. Can you please let me know how is it that I want more attention by that kind of post?

Wheels are changing soon, it's a surprise smile.gif I actually picked up a new set last night.

Not a ricer in any way smile.gif but your opinion of my car is welcome.

I'm not offended by your comments about my car or even the way I modified it. BUT I am very disappointed in your racist comment. This is a car forum.

ahhh what wheels are you getting? i'll tell you what i'm getting if you tell me what you're getting! Raspberry.gif
moe
I'm getting a set of white OZ Superturismos...when time/moneyz allows for me to make such a purchase.
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Apr 22 2011, 02:36 PM) *
I'm getting a set of white OZ Superturismos...when time/moneyz allows for me to make such a purchase.

Likewise but Superturismo LM for me.
misnblu
Love your car man and I'm not complaining.
And don't feel bad because how the guys at DS didn't kill me off months ago driving a Cavalier around I don't know but they've seemed to accept me for the most part.

And I do kind of agree with the statements that in the two years you've done all this work, it really doesn't show like it.
I've done the same with my Cavalier but it was a build from the ground up with much custom fabrication on parts that weren't available and a complete redo of the car from it's original OEM state.
Is spite of it being a slush box too I do have a 5 speed tranny swap in the plans with all the parts necessary sitting in the garage waiting on the 5 speed and engine combination for rebuild.

But that's not the point as it's your car here.
I love it and it looks good. Maybe it's the little bit of rice that's in me but I love the wheels, brake kit (unless that's factory-not sure since I don't see 1 series here in the States), and everything about it for the most part.
Nice work and wonderful photography but again, I'm no expert on taking pictures but these do look great.

Even though you've got an autotragic transmission it doesn't mean that you can't enjoy your ride and to me, that's what it's all about in the end.
Welcome to the forums and keep her looking good as you are. I'd rock that BMW any day of the week if I had the chance. smile.gif
Altostratus
QUOTE(moe @ Apr 22 2011, 10:36 AM) *

This must happen. MUST HAPPEN!
daniele fontanin
John!
You know that I love your car! Never seen this 3d before! I really LOVE your car! It's amazing! But don't buy OZ SUPERTURISMO John! Your rims at the moment are perfect! And I think the the car is perfect now!!!!
moe
^ I don't think he's getting OZ Superturismos. Razor and I are...slightly off-topic, but we were talking about wheels.
daniele fontanin
ok...now I can start the day without problems!
:-)))
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.