Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: iPad Tethered Shooting
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
Seethegrim
Hi guys

I know some of you have already started using the iPad as a mirror screen to your actual screen. But I've heard that guys have setup their iPads to wirelessly recieve tethered shooting. An Art Director friend of mine came back from a food shoot for one of his clients & he says he was showed a couch, handed an iPad & watched the entire shoot being shot tethered.

I. Want. This.

What device is used for it or configuration?
paddymcgrath
I remember watching a video on this a while back, it involves WiFi enabled SD cards, software and a mobile WiFi hotspot. I'm almost certain it only works with Nikon cameras, I'll try dig out a link ...
paddymcgrath
Apparently it does work with Canon now ...

http://jesserosten.com/2010/wireless-tethering-to-ipad
Seethegrim
*drool*

Thanks man, I'll check out what else there is on YouTube. Thats a definite winner for me.
sadfas
QUOTE(Seethegrim @ Mar 3 2011, 04:09 AM) *
Hi guys

I know some of you have already started using the iPad as a mirror screen to your actual screen. But I've heard that guys have setup their iPads to wirelessly recieve tethered shooting. An Art Director friend of mine came back from a food shoot for one of his clients & he says he was showed a couch, handed an iPad & watched the entire shoot being shot tethered.

I. Want. This.
spam.gif

What device is used for it or configuration?

I remember watching a video on this a while back, it involves WiFi enabled SD cards, software and a mobile WiFi hotspot. I'm almost certain it only works with Nikon cameras, I'll try dig out a link ...
skr
MAN you spammers are getting more clever by the minute.. fuckers.
Walthour
QUOTE(Seethegrim @ Mar 3 2011, 04:09 AM) *
Hi guys

I. Want. This.

What device is ipad 2 cases used for it or configuration?

An Art Director friend of mine came back from a food shoot for one of his clients & he says he was showed a couch, handed an iPad & watched the entire shoot being shot tethered.
richard.thompson
there are a number of ways to do it, both photo and video...all of them are expensive and slow. 3 more generations and it should be where it's supposed to be :-)
Martin
Any suggestions on how to achieve this without the wi-fi part? I've seen the camera-kit from apple, but it doesn't seem like it could be the alternative to remote shooting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.