Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fresh winter wheels!
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
bankE46
I picked up a set of BMW Countor II's from a friend a while back but they needed refinishing. I got them for a bargain and just got them installed today at the wheel shop that did the paint work. They are 17x7(f) 17x8 in the brightest, purest white the shop had. The idea was kind of a winter theme in mind and wanting them to look striking overall. They will be used as winter wheels with snow tires on them exclusively. I'm loving the contrast and I'm pumped with how they turned out! biggrin.gif

(click for full size)

FYI, I got them done at Kwicksilver Wheel Repair in East Windsor, CT. The guy at the shop was great, threw in new valve stems, bend fixing, mount and balance for free as well. Great experience and would recommend them highly.

Aircooled
moe
Definitely an improvement over the tacky-looking winter wheels you had before, but the design really doesn't suit the car.
bankE46
QUOTE(moe @ Feb 27 2011, 01:41 PM) *
Definitely an improvement over the tacky-looking winter wheels you had before, but the design really doesn't suit the car.

Yea, I anticipate general reception to be love/hate. The wheels themselves were too good of a deal to pass up, and the old winter wheels had incorrect offsets so I was getting rubbing which these wheels solved.
Razor
I like the style, but deepdish = no and white = no.
SwissWhiskey
ewww
MustangAficionado
I dont have a problem with them
clarkma5
I actually kinda like it.
Bjorn
Yeah, they look OK.
porsche944
The responses in this thread are exactly the reason I would love to have such a slightly over the top secondary wheel set of my own. Edgy, done right, and above all, unique. Whether people like them or not, they sure as hell are gonna notice them. I think they look great and would be pleased with the results if I were you.
b0mb3r
who cares about the winter wheels... They serve one purpose... to get you through the snow. I have mine on since end of november to end march... 4 months.
bankE46
QUOTE(b0mb3r @ Feb 28 2011, 03:20 PM) *
who cares about the winter wheels... They serve one purpose... to get you through the snow. I have mine on since end of november to end march... 4 months.

4-5 months of snow tires for me is over a third of the year! I don't want my car to look boring 33%+ of the time I drive it. smile.gif
shandyman5
QUOTE(bankE46 @ Feb 28 2011, 03:26 PM) *
4-5 months of snow tires for me is over a third of the year! I don't want my car to look boring 33%+ of the time I drive it. smile.gif

Agreed! Do you have comp. package wheels for the summer? I love those!
bankE46
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Feb 28 2011, 03:28 PM) *

Summer wheels are gunmetal OEM BMW 18" double spokes wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sports.

shandyman5
QUOTE(bankE46 @ Feb 28 2011, 03:37 PM) *
Summer wheels are gunmetal OEM BMW 18" double spokes wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sports.

To be honest, I always thought those wheels looked to small for an E46... JMO.
bankE46
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Feb 28 2011, 08:42 PM) *
To be honest, I always thought those wheels looked to small for an E46... JMO.

Yea, the 19" forged double spokes look great and fill out the wheel wells a bit more. I think as far as ride comfort and damage avoidance on shitty New England roads the 18's are slightly more practical though. Plus, replacement tires are cheaper wink.gif
b0mb3r
QUOTE(bankE46 @ Feb 28 2011, 12:26 PM) *

sounds like you need a winter beater :-)

forged wheels = seks.
bankE46
QUOTE(b0mb3r @ Mar 1 2011, 10:52 AM) *
sounds like you need a winter beater :-)

Yea, maybe an S4? whistle.gif
Synesthesia
QUOTE(bankE46 @ Feb 28 2011, 03:26 PM) *

QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Feb 28 2011, 03:28 PM) *

Here here! biggrin.gif
shandyman5
Bank, I actually meant these. thumbs_up.gif

bankE46
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Mar 1 2011, 05:23 PM) *
Bank, I actually meant these. thumbs_up.gif

Ah, I gotcha. Yea, those are damn sexy, I just wish I had $5k to drop on the whole setup! X.gif
Aircooled

mmm, Anthracite
Razor
^ That's hot.
b0mb3r
QUOTE(bankE46 @ Mar 1 2011, 09:43 AM) *
Yea, maybe an S4? whistle.gif

S4 would be pretty awesome... especially with that sport diff.
porsche944
QUOTE(b0mb3r @ Mar 2 2011, 08:04 AM) *
S4 would be pretty awesome... especially with that sport diff.

rolleyes.gif You should also get a GT3 for the track, and a helicopter for when you wanna fly. But if you find you have your winter rotors on too long, just buy another helicopter.
bankE46
QUOTE(porsche944 @ Mar 2 2011, 10:24 AM) *
rolleyes.gif You should also get a GT3 for the track, and a helicopter for when you wanna fly. But if you find you have your winter rotors on too long, just buy another helicopter.

I might need a boat to land that helicopter on in case I run out of fuel over the ocean. And a few jetskis on the boat, because, you know, they're awesome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.