Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blackstone!
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
Vadvagool
Just got the Blackstone report on my car now that its at 50k.

Wooo!
Aircooled
I keep wanting to do this when I change my oil but I always forget. I have a change coming in 600 miles, I'm sure the Jetta will get garbage can results.

As a chemist I have have access to all sorts of compounds and super finely powdered metals. I'm pretty temped to send in a sample marked like a Nissan GTR with 10k miles and throw all sorts of metals in just for the giggle factor.
Vadvagool
Put like the most garbage materials you can in there, and see what the nice blurb at the top will say.

"Aircooled: OMGWTFBBQ"

Also, what job do you have?
shandyman5
How much does this cost? How much do you have to send?
dukenukem
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Feb 23 2011, 01:28 PM) *
How much does this cost? How much do you have to send?

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/tests-price-list.php

They send you empty bottles that you collect the oil in, fill up the payment slip form and seal the the containers and mail it.
shandyman5
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Feb 23 2011, 03:30 PM) *
http://www.blackstone-labs.com/tests-price-list.php

They send you empty bottles that you collect the oil in, fill up the payment slip form and seal the the containers and mail it.

Thanks a lot Duke!
Aircooled
QUOTE(Vadvagool @ Feb 23 2011, 01:48 AM) *
Put like the most garbage materials you can in there, and see what the nice blurb at the top will say.

"Aircooled: OMGWTFBBQ"

Also, what job do you have?

I'm still in school yet but I have a healthy collection of elements and vintage chemical bottles. I have a bottle of copper powder that is so fine that if you shake the bottle and then open the lid a brown smoke comes out.
porsche944
sounds like a nightmare without goggles on, thats all i could think about when i was shooting powdered graphite into my locks. "Shield the eyes!"
MustangAficionado
My roomie did this on his '07 Miata, I should post it.
green73ta
Hmm... good idea. I do commercials for a company that makes bypass oil filters for big diesel engines. They have an oil analysis program that's supposed to be excellent. I may see of they'll do one for me. If not the $25 for Blackstone is a great deal.
Vadvagool
I think its worth it...brings a nice peace of mind knowing my engine's running well...especially since I bought the car used.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.