Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bye bye Avalanche
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
Von Z

More pics soon.

2011 SS/RS, Six-Speed Manual , Black Leather, Hurst Shifter.

biggrin.gif
Synesthesia
Nice! What in the world does SS/RS mean? Isn't the SS badge a sliver color and the RS red? tongue.gif
Aircooled
Take that front plate off and then you'll have an awesome car.

Also I saw an orange SS at Barnes and Noble last night, looked fucking sick.
Von Z
SS is the trim level while RS is an appearance package. It really sets the car off, IMO.
BlackJack
You son of a bitch.
dukenukem
Congratulations!
Von Z
QUOTE(Aircooled @ Feb 19 2011, 07:41 PM) *
Take that front plate off and then you'll have an awesome car.

Also I saw an orange SS at Barnes and Noble last night, looked fucking sick.

I was this close to getting inferno orange with black stripes, but passed on it because it attracted far too much attention. I also felt I'd grow tired of the orange in a few months.

QUOTE(dukenukem @ Feb 19 2011, 09:15 PM) *
Congratulations!

Thanks, man.

This is my inspiration, and I'm going to ask you guys to forgive me if I copy this car 1:1

moe
^ I'd skip the blacked-out badges, but otherwise that's one of the best-looking Camaros I've ever seen. Congrats on the purchase btw.
porsche944
congratulations! Beautiful car, Im sure you're on top of the world right now smile.gif
shandyman5
Congrats, man! Looks Awesome! Throw some bolt on's and a cam in that thing with an MGW short throw and you'll be making 500'ish to the wheels easy.
Von Z
QUOTE(moe @ Feb 20 2011, 09:02 AM) *
^ I'd skip the blacked-out badges, but otherwise that's one of the best-looking Camaros I've ever seen. Congrats on the purchase btw.

Yea, I actually think I'm going to go with the Heritage grill with just the SS emblem. It looks really nice, IMHO.

DB9
Heritage grill looks nice. Not sold on the orange stripe if you were planning on doing that. Awesome car though. I have a friend who's dad got an SS, but got it in an automatic o___o

shandyman5
QUOTE(DB9 @ Feb 20 2011, 11:52 PM) *
Heritage grill looks nice. Not sold on the orange stripe if you were planning on doing that. Awesome car though. I have a friend who's dad got an SS, but got it in an automatic o___o

If the guy ever brags about having an LS3 slap, him in the face and tell him to buy a manual if he wants an LS3. It is such a pet peeve that people buy auto fifth gen's and think brag about having an LS3.
Von Z
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Feb 20 2011, 09:01 PM) *
If the guy ever brags about having an LS3 slap, him in the face and tell him to buy a manual if he wants an LS3. It is such a pet peeve that people buy auto fifth gen's and think brag about having an LS3.

I've actually met two guys with "LS3 426HP" emblems on their Camaros, yet when I looked in the window they both had Autos. laugh.gif

And I'm deciding between orange stripes or blue stripes such as those on the Hennessey Camaro. The blue really pops on the CGM.

Razor
Wait, the slushboxes don't actually come with the LS3? tard.gif
Von Z
QUOTE(Razor @ Feb 20 2011, 09:18 PM) *
Wait, the slushboxes don't actually come with the LS3? tard.gif

No, they come with the 400HP L99. smile.gif
shandyman5
QUOTE(Von Z @ Feb 21 2011, 12:17 AM) *
I've actually met two guys with "LS3 426HP" emblems on their Camaros, yet when I looked in the window they both had Autos. laugh.gif

And I'm deciding between orange stripes or blue stripes such as those on the Hennessey Camaro. The blue really pops on the CGM.

As much as I despise the company Hennessey and think John Hennessey is a pompous pig, the ZR-1 powered camaro looks like sex. I love the blue stripes with the Zr-1 wheels.

QUOTE(Von Z @ Feb 21 2011, 12:38 AM) *
No, they come with the 400HP L99. smile.gif

This.
moe
I vote for no stripes...says the guy with a massive red stripe running across his car.
b0mb3r
congrads man! thumbs_up.gif
Von Z
Thanks guys. biggrin.gif
moe
Oh btw, get an exhaust or something. Heard a stock SS at full-throttle yesterday, and it did NOT sound like a muscle car. Not helped any by the fact that I saw a '70s Z28 a couple minutes before, and it sound like a beast.
Vadvagool
QUOTE(BlackJack @ Feb 19 2011, 08:57 PM) *
You son of a bitch.

Seconded. Congratulations.
shandyman5
QUOTE(moe @ Feb 23 2011, 03:03 AM) *
Oh btw, get an exhaust or something. Heard a stock SS at full-throttle yesterday, and it did NOT sound like a muscle car. Not helped any by the fact that I saw a '70s Z28 a couple minutes before, and it sound like a beast.

It is an unwritten code that every American Muscle Car at least needs an axle back, or cat back, to really bring out their sound.
Von Z
Well, I'm getting a muffler delete real soon, but I'm still exploring what exhaust system to go with. I usually like Borla's depth and tone, but I don't think I've seen/heard a new SS with a Borla yet, so we'll see... Any recommendations to check out?
fiber optic
QUOTE(Von Z @ Feb 23 2011, 11:24 AM) *
Well, I'm getting a muffler delete real soon, but I'm still exploring what exhaust system to go with. I usually like Borla's depth and tone, but I don't think I've seen/heard a new SS with a Borla yet, so we'll see... Any recommendations to check out?

Borla and Magnaflow are the 2 I'd consider if the budget is on the high end since they are all stainless. The Dynomax I've heard were nice but I think they are aluminized steel. I don't know if pre-made kits exist for the Camaro or if it would need to be custom from any of the above. I suspect Magnaflow and Borla have a set, Dynomax maybe.

Edit: They do and it looks like they are stainless.
Dynomax for Camaro
shandyman5
QUOTE(Von Z @ Feb 23 2011, 12:24 PM) *

Youtube has tons of fifth gen's with cat backs! Borla and the Mgnaflow both sound good. A full LT setup would really sound delicious though. DS_Naughty2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.