Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PS Contest #6 - Focus RS
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography > Technique & Tutorials
jrampton
On the heels of the last contest, I bring you the Dieselstation Forums Photoshop Contest #6 - Freestyle (Do what you like)

The purpose is to get this all started again so i have posted two mediocre images that have loads of noise (Olympus E-410) but the car maybe interesting.

First rule of this battle:
1. There are no real rules, do whatever you want, just remember you'll be judged by your peers and other competitors.
2. Posted pictures should have a resolution no larger than 1200px in width
3. Every picture posted, regardless of final or not, should have this DS logo Mackey created : Mackey's Logo
4. All entries should be emailed to me, johnrampton (at) gmail.com I'll assign you a random number.
5. Deadline: Monday February 28, 2010 (I will post entries the 29th to give a few days over the holidays to vote, someone else do it please if i forget biggrin.gif)

You can view my edit I did for this picture here.

RAW .DNG File: (Right Click Save As) Be respectful of this file, please don't share or use it outside of this contest.

http://www.editioncanvas.co.uk/deiselstation/P7207975.dng

http://www.editioncanvas.co.uk/deiselstation/P7207981.dng

Good Luck !!
Seethegrim
You need to give a start & end date for the contest, otherwise it will just never end. Check the first few threads of when the challenge started (#1, #2) for the intro text we all used. There is a link to a Dieselstation Logo which we've always added onto the entries too. You might want to give a little disclaimer about your images usage (which is included in that intro text).
Konrad Janicki
thx for starting it again smile.gif

Just do what Seethegrim wrote smile.gif
jrampton
Done !!

3....2.....1........GO !!
Konrad Janicki
in the rules of the contest there is an old email smile.gif
mcdronkz
QUOTE(Konrad Janicki @ Feb 16 2011, 05:27 AM) *
in the rules of the contest there is an old email smile.gif

Everything is old. There is an old deadline and no link to a logo. Really sloppy if you ask me.
Seethegrim
I'm sure he will change it once he see's his error.

- Change email entry address
- Change closing date for entries (make it 2 weeks from original post date)
- Get proper URL for the .png logo & make it an active link
Seethegrim
Dude. Read. the. rules.

It doesn't help if you post your own shot. head.gif

You need to email it to jrampton (as soon as he corrects his initial post) and he will randomly assign you a number. That then gets posted once the competition is over & everyone votes on their favourite. This is done anonymously so that there is no favouritism.
mcdronkz
QUOTE(Seethegrim @ Feb 19 2011, 01:53 AM) *
Dude. Read. the. rules.

It doesn't help if you post your own shot. head.gif

You need to email it to jrampton (as soon as he corrects his initial post) and he will randomly assign you a number. That then gets posted once the competition is over & everyone votes on their favourite. This is done anonymously so that there is no favouritism.

Take it easy man smile.gif.

I've read the rules thoroughly, and maybe I'm blind, but there isn't anything stated about posting WIP's in the talk-topic. What's the big deal? Actually, in other forums there are WIP topics where people can post their progress and they get advice and tips on how to improve their skills. That's really helpful, and the contest will serve two purposes that way. The best will win anyway. Knowledge is better than everything you can win in this particular contest, which is actually nothing.

But OK, I removed my two posts just to make you happy. smile.gif We will see if the TS ever updates his post.
jrampton
Done, sorry for some reason i wasn't getting emails to say people had replied
Seethegrim
Ok I've entered my piece.

Took 10 minutes here & there for a few days to work on it. Actually worked out nicely that way because I was able to see so many mistakes. You always miss stuff when you do things in one go.
jrampton
Ok now i see why this thread died off, 1 entry and it ends Monday.
Konrad Janicki
I forgot send in mine and I'm not home until tuesday ;/

you should wait people could be still working on ther edits
GFWilliams
QUOTE(jrampton @ Feb 26 2011, 08:23 PM) *
Ok now i see why this thread died off, 1 entry and it ends Monday.

I'll do it mate, just been a little busy this last week and not got round to it. Send me a reminder tomorrow and I'll shazam one up!
kcederwall08
Just submitted mine, i'm interested to see what everyone else came up with...

the last few of these have been good, and I was sad that they died off a little, lets bring it back!
jrampton
I've had a few entries now and everyone that has entered so far will have a number in their inbox.

I'll upload them all tonight and get them posted up for voting biggrin.gif

Seethegrim
Cool bananas. Make a nice clean fresh thread for the voting. smile.gif
GFWilliams
Well I'm done with mine. It's rubbish biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.