Full Version: New Car
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
infinity
My first "real" car purchase dance.gif

2005 Volvo S40 T5 FWD

fiber optic
tard.gif
shandyman5
Congrats, to bad it is an autotragic however.
dukenukem
congrats! Enjoy the super duper comfy seats!!

infinity
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Feb 10 2011, 04:02 PM) *
tard.gif
?

QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Feb 10 2011, 04:14 PM) *
Yeah - I would have preferred an MT, but I'm using it mostly for work, so I don't mind too much. It's definitely fun to drive still, though smile.gif
fiber optic
QUOTE(infinity @ Feb 10 2011, 05:00 PM) *
?

My own garage.
Cyclone
Nice looking Mazda 3, er I mean Volvo.

I've always liked the s40. Only thing that kept me from getting one however is the lack of an ability to put an after market headunit in. From what I saw with S40's in my price range, I couldn't find one with sat radio and bluetooth.

C30 was another choice but couldn't find one at a price I liked.
b0mb3r
excellent thumbs_up.gif Every time I sit in a Volvo I am reminded that they have the some of the best seats in the business.
redls1bird
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Feb 10 2011, 02:14 PM) *

No loss, Volvos manual transmissions are trash.
DB9
What car did you have before this?
shandyman5
QUOTE(redls1bird @ Feb 10 2011, 08:51 PM) *
No loss, Volvos manual transmissions are trash.

They aren't that bad.
moe
Congrats man. LOVE the interior on those things. The floating center-stack is awesome.
infinity
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Feb 10 2011, 08:18 PM) *
Only thing that kept me from getting one however is the lack of an ability to put an after market headunit in.
The stock "premium" stereo system is actually very good - 9 Speaker Dolby Pro Logic II with independent F/R equalizers, surround sound customization, and plenty of power.

QUOTE(DB9 @ Feb 10 2011, 11:20 PM) *
What car did you have before this?
The last car I owned was a 96 Volvo 850, but it's engine crapped out about 1 1/2 years ago. Since then I've been driving my mom's 6MT NB Miata MX-5 (they moved to the mountains, so she wasn't able to drive it up there anyways).

QUOTE(moe @ Feb 11 2011, 03:05 AM) *
Congrats man. LOVE the interior on those things. The floating center-stack is awesome.
Thanks! I really love the interior too, especially the floating center-stack. Its a perfect balance of utility, simplicity, luxury, and style IMO.
BlackJack
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Feb 10 2011, 11:27 PM) *
They aren't that bad.

Oh no they are bad. Where I work, we have one stock S40 in manual. It constantly needs to go back into the shop for transmission issues. After it's done and a couple of test drives, it's gotta go back in the shop. It's that bad.

To the OP: Nice purchase. You will enjoy it and they are nimble and quick thumbs_up.gif
shandyman5
QUOTE(BlackJack @ Feb 12 2011, 11:10 AM) *
Oh no they are bad. Where I work, we have one stock S40 in manual. It constantly needs to go back into the shop for transmission issues. After it's done and a couple of test drives, it's gotta go back in the shop. It's that bad.

To the OP: Nice purchase. You will enjoy it and they are nimble and quick thumbs_up.gif

Really? Wow, I am shocked a good friend of mine who granted, isn't a car guy and doesn't beat on his, has an S40 manual and it has been flawless for 70,000 miles. Time will tell if it holds up as it gets near 100K but so far so good.
redls1bird
I was more referring to the dynamics of driving a manual late model Volvo. They seem to have some kind of restriction valve in the system that makes the engagement of the clutch not match that of the movement of your foot. Also, the gearshift is the epitome of knife in a jar of peanut butter feeling. Pair that with the fact you need some crazy special tools to fit a new clutch and that tops it off.
BlackJack
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Feb 12 2011, 11:15 AM) *
Really? Wow, I am shocked a good friend of mine who granted, isn't a car guy and doesn't beat on his, has an S40 manual and it has been flawless for 70,000 miles. Time will tell if it holds up as it gets near 100K but so far so good.

I'm not sure of the service history on the S40 we have, but across the board, we've had a few customers' S40s come in for transmission issues. Your friend could be just lucky. Definitely tell him to keep an eye on it.
fiber optic
Are those the 16" wheels?
infinity
Yep - 205/55/16
Mr b00st
very nice Jac

i bet C&C is gonna start back up soon, we oughtta meet up in brier creek on the 1st to check out the lambossss
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.