Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Test Drive Unlimited 2
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
Cyclone
Who's getting it? Got my pre-order for the 360 version (Thanks Brandy) and will have it tomorrow.

I started a reddit community out of boredom for the game... http://www.reddit.com/r/tdu2

360 gamertag is Cyclonesworld
Flaw
I honestly didn't even know it was coming out until I saw the pirated version for PC come out earlier today. Can you give it a quick review when you have it? I don't see any major reviews yet, and the trailers don't make it too exciting (I only watched a couple).
Cyclone
There is a review here

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/test_dri...l-paradise.aspx

I'll post what I think when i get it tomorrow.
Razor
So what they say is, basically, if you're a sim whore, shove off, you ain't gonna like it.

If you liked the grand touring aspect of the first one, this is going to be a wet dream. Fuck. Yeah.
DB9
Anyone try it?
Razor
QUOTE(DB9 @ Feb 14 2011, 10:41 AM) *
Anyone try it?

Cyclone's been playing it and seems to like it. I can't wait to try it, but alas, my 360 is at home.
Cyclone
Alright bitches, who's got TDU2? Started a Dieselstation club. Need members tongue.gif
Razor
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Mar 24 2011, 11:30 PM) *
Alright bitches, who's got TDU2? Started a Dieselstation club. Need members tongue.gif

Just started playing today. Holy. Shit. If you liked cruising more roads than you could count on Oahu in the first one, add another LARGER island, better physics, off-roading and way more overall content and you have this game.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Mar 25 2011, 01:01 AM) *
Just started playing today. Holy. Shit. If you liked cruising more roads than you could count on Oahu in the first one, add another LARGER island, better physics, off-roading and way more overall content and you have this game.

Is it better than Forza?
Razor
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Mar 25 2011, 11:00 AM) *
Is it better than Forza?

Comparing apples to epoxy.

This is an arcade racer, that's a hardcore sim.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(Razor @ Mar 25 2011, 12:51 PM) *
Comparing apples to epoxy.

This is an arcade racer, that's a hardcore sim.

How do the high speed physics feel? I loved the first tdu, but the weird handling at high speeds got a bit annoying.
Razor
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Mar 25 2011, 02:37 PM) *
How do the high speed physics feel? I loved the first tdu, but the weird handling at high speeds got a bit annoying.

WAY grippier than TDU. Plus, since all the roads have a far higher polycount, there are no ridiculous bumps. You will grip over gradual crests (unlike in TDU) but will catch air over harsher ones. Overall, way better.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(Razor @ Mar 25 2011, 02:44 PM) *
WAY grippier than TDU. Plus, since all the roads have a far higher polycount, there are no ridiculous bumps. You will grip over gradual crests (unlike in TDU) but will catch air over harsher ones. Overall, way better.

Oh thank god, I remember every bump on the road felt like a 5 foot high speed bump. Shit, I might have to pick this up now that DNF got delayed.
Razor
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Mar 25 2011, 06:16 PM) *
Oh thank god, I remember every bump on the road felt like a 5 foot high speed bump. Shit, I might have to pick this up now that DNF got delayed.

Just got back to Oahu (you start in Ibiza), and MAN did they improve the island in this version in terms of the polycount. It's excellent!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.