Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DSCOTY '11?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
clarkma5
Well it's getting to be the time of year for the next round of DSCOTY. Once again I'm too busy to really delve into it (the busiest part of my quarter is coming up soon...) and am wondering if anyone cares to run it, or if it's well and truly sunk by laziness and apathy.

C'mon guys, it's a tradition!
moe
Just started a new job, and I'm really, really busy. If there's anyone else that wants to run it, let me know. If there's REALLY no one else that'll do it, I will. Though I'd really prefer if someone else could take it off my hands for me.
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Feb 2 2011, 02:33 AM) *
Just started a new job, and I'm really, really busy. If there's anyone else that wants to run it, let me know. If there's REALLY no one else that'll do it, I will. Though I'd really prefer if someone else could take it off my hands for me.

If someone else makes the list of what goes on it, I will gather pictures/statistics and set up the threads. I can also host all images.
moe
^ If someone doesn't step up to handle the whole thing, I'll take you up on that.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Feb 2 2011, 07:39 AM) *
If someone else makes the list of what goes on it, I will gather pictures/statistics and set up the threads. I can also host all images.

If you want Razor, I can collaborate with Moe to come up with the cars, and then you can set it up with the pics, as I am not good with that. I know Moe is busy so me and him could PM over the different vehicle choices while you get pics, info, etc.
Razor
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Feb 2 2011, 12:54 PM) *
If you want Razor, I can collaborate with Moe to come up with the cars, and then you can set it up with the pics, as I am not good with that. I know Moe is busy so me and him could PM over the different vehicle choices while you get pics, info, etc.

Sounds good.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Feb 2 2011, 01:57 PM) *
Sounds good.

I just PM'd More to get the ball rolling.
moe
Just an update, Shandyman's come through with a pretty decent list. I'm going through and refining it right now. If I can knock off the whole thing tonight, then I may not need anymore help setting DSCOTY '11 up, but if I can't, I'll let you guys know.
shandyman5
A little update guys. I have the completed list and while it is a damn good list, me and Moe did have some differences in opinions. Raspberry.gif The format should be finished soon for all of the cars. Razor, I believe I pm'd you about your email address. Unless I thought I did and I forgot to? Razor, shoot me a pm when you can with your email address so I can send you the vehicle list so you can get all of the pictures and the poll started as I do not know how to post pictures well, and I have no idea how to make a poll.
moe
^ As the current caretaker of DSCOTY, my opinion is more correct than yours. Where did you disagree, keep in mind DSCOTY categories have always been iffy.
clarkma5
Yeah DSCOTY categories are a bitch...I like to have no less than 4 cars in a category and no more than 7 and I focus on the "feel" of the cars to make them an interesting comparison, though price equality is quite important in the lower levels. You can never get it JUST right. I was quite proud of most of the categories I made over the years though.
shandyman5
QUOTE(moe @ Feb 23 2011, 02:03 AM) *
^ As the current caretaker of DSCOTY, my opinion is more correct than yours. Where did you disagree, keep in mind DSCOTY categories have always been iffy.

I was just busting you. Everyone is going to have a different opinion on stuff... That's the way of the world. The list is damn good and this whole shenanigan of a project should be done this weekend, between Razor and I.
moe
^ I added a luxury sedan to the list btw. Noticed it when a magazine was testing it as a new model for '11.
Razor
I have webspace standing by.
shandyman5
^ Emailing now, Moe just posted the rules!

EDIT: Razor, just sent the official list to the email you provided me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.