Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Computer Speakers
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
DB9
Starting to look into some computer speakers for my laptop, but theres one thing I don't quite understand. I'm looking for a 2.1 speaker system, so do I need to have a sound card for that? My laptop came with its own "built in" drivers (Realtek High Definition Audio/Output if anyone's interested). I'd rather not take the time to install a sound card because I'm in college and I don't have a lot of free time right now (spring semester just started). Computer audio is the one thing I never really messed with, so I'm a little bit lost with a few things. So if you guys could help clear up this one issue, and give any suggestions you may have, that would be awesome.

Here are a couple of guidelines:

-2.1 Speakers (willing to look at 2.0 if need be)
-around $100, I'm not looking to get my ears blown off, I just want an upgrade from built in speakers.
fiber optic
Your laptop should have a speaker out or an earphone out which you can use. Pretty much anything is going to be an upgrade over the built ins.

shandyman5
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Feb 1 2011, 03:45 PM) *
Your laptop should have a speaker out or an earphone out which you can use. Pretty much anything is going to be an upgrade over the built ins.

This.
Razor
Unless you have Beats Technology in an HP laptop, which are actually SHOCKINGLY good for laptop speakers. Fingers crossed that the Palm tablet includes that.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Feb 1 2011, 03:57 PM) *
Unless you have Beats Technology in an HP laptop, which are actually SHOCKINGLY good for laptop speakers. Fingers crossed that the Palm tablet includes that.

I thought the 17" macbook ones were okay to. Not stereo sound but they get the job done.
DB9
I have built in JBL speakers that are actually pretty good, but are severely lacking in the bass department.
Razor
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Feb 1 2011, 04:00 PM) *
I thought the 17" macbook ones were okay to. Not stereo sound but they get the job done.

The ones in this 15" MBP aren't bad, but they have no bass.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Feb 1 2011, 11:26 PM) *
The ones in this 15" MBP aren't bad, but they have no bass.

Indeed. They are crisp, they don't shitty.
Razor
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Feb 1 2011, 11:55 PM) *
They are crisp, they don't shitty.

Woaaaaaaaaah dude... THIS
DB9
So do you guys know any good/recommended 2.1 setups?
Frederf
I've always been impressed with the 2.0 version of this product: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/6159...o_Computer.html

They look old fashioned but they're heavy and sound way better than they have any right to for the cost. I figure the 2.1s have got to be just a better of the version 2.0s.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.