Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking to buy a decent camera
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography > Gear & Equipment
green73ta
OK Braintrust, I'm ready to buy something better than the point & shoot Olympus FE-280 that I currently use. I'm not looking for a pro DSLR with interchangeable lenses so please don't tell me to go buy a D3x.

Having owned a few of Nikon film SLRs a long time ago (FE, FM, F3hp) I obviously like them. The Coolpix L110 and P100 caught my eye, so something in that range. Not married to the idea of another Nikon so feel free to give me some other ideas.

$400 or under please.

Thank in advance.
green73ta
Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller?

Seethegrim
A "decent camera" thats under $400? Canon G11? I think even thats more than $400.
Kevin Stachniak
Canon S95 would be my recommendation.
It's generally between $350-$400 up here, so I would assume it's that or less down in the states
green73ta
I bought a Nikon Coolpix P100 yesterday new with case and 2 year extended warranty for $350. I know this isn't a "good" camera to a lot of you but for me it's a lot better than I had. Thanks to those who took the time to reply, just now seeing this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.