Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 20-35mm Primes
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography > Gear & Equipment
Mitch Hemming
20-35mm Prime lens discussion!

So who has one? how do you like it? What would you recommend?

Was so close to buying a 24mm 1.4/ 35mm 1.4 but unfortunately didn't...
butch10x
just curious as which one u chose. i have a 85 1.2L mk2 that i want to trade/sell for a 24 1.4L mk2
Mitch Hemming
QUOTE(butch10x @ May 28 2011, 01:40 AM) *
just curious as which one u chose. i have a 85 1.2L mk2 that i want to trade/sell for a 24 1.4L mk2

i actually didnt end up buying any (thats why i wiped the post)
I was going to get a 24mm or something like that, but ended up spending the money on other bits and pieces and my broken car at the time.. haha
butch10x
QUOTE(Mitch Hemming @ May 29 2011, 09:01 PM) *
i actually didnt end up buying any (thats why i wiped the post)
I was going to get a 24mm or something like that, but ended up spending the money on other bits and pieces and my broken car at the time.. haha

alrighty...
oblivo
I would like to hear from someone who has something like a 24mm or 35mm prime, though. I've always thought they're kind of the perfect length for reportage and general prime usage with a 1.3x crop. Anyone?
Mitch Hemming
QUOTE(oblivo @ Jun 3 2011, 09:24 AM) *
I would like to hear from someone who has something like a 24mm or 35mm prime, though. I've always thought they're kind of the perfect length for reportage and general prime usage with a 1.3x crop. Anyone?

I was gonna buy one mainly for night shooting/comcerts/tight areas where I couldn't use a 50mm

Ill just turn this thread into a discussion..
mcdronkz
I would like to get either a 35mm f/1.4 L or a 24mm f/1.4 L Mk2. My 50mm f/1.4 is a perfect lens, but I would have liked it to be a bit shorter. 35mm has my preference...
Bakke
Have had Nikon's 35 1,4 for a while.. Actually I haven't used it that much.. I a bit of problem with the AF with my D300 but on the D3s I used during gumball it worked great.. I should look more into this but I've been to busy..
Well, the lens is super sharp wide open.. The nikon version is very expensive, I even can't believe I bought it but it have been me dream lens since a long time. =)
IMO is the focal length and DOF on a FF body is just unbeatable.. Dunno what more I should say.. It's just great!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.