Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ACO Rule Tweak
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Motorsport
tune
The ACO have confirmed that they will use 'Article 19' in next season's LMS, ALMS and LM International Cup. This basically means they can introduce performance restrictions on the top teams to level things out. They want a 2% maximum difference in pace between the teams in each category. It seems in the article that there is an inkling that diesel and petrol could be considered separate.

The article below is interesting toward the end if you don't know how the classes will be set out next year.

Autosport
Razor
And here I was thinking that ALMS was safe from this shit. All F1's fault for starting this. ALL. What happened to racing as a merit-based sporting event?

Just because SOME teams are too fucking dogmatic to switch to diesel doesn't mean everyone who's invested time and money into this should suffer. Fuck them, it's their own goddamn fault.
clarkma5
F1's fault? I'm not so sure about that. I see this coming from the touring car categories, which have been using engine restrictors and weight penalties to even cars out for many many years now and have been consistently producing close, entertaining racing where different teams and drivers have a crack at wins and podiums. The GT1 World Championship then adopted similar thinking and produced a pretty awesome debut season based on it, and now it's moving laterally from GT1 to Le Mans. Entertainment is the key for racing to remain marketable, and these are the choices that organizations make to keep the racing entertaining.
Razor
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Dec 22 2010, 05:50 PM) *
F1's fault? I'm not so sure about that. I see this coming from the touring car categories, which have been using engine restrictors and weight penalties to even cars out for many many years now and have been consistently producing close, entertaining racing where different teams and drivers have a crack at wins and podiums. The GT1 World Championship then adopted similar thinking and produced a pretty awesome debut season based on it, and now it's moving laterally from GT1 to Le Mans. Entertainment is the key for racing to remain marketable, and these are the choices that organizations make to keep the racing entertaining.

And Peugeot vs. Audi in P1 wasn't sufficient entertainment?

The way I see it, P1 should be low-regulated diesel and other technology prototypes only, P2 should be all petrol prototypes, GT1 and GT2 should be the same.

However, since ALMS doesn't have P1/P2 and GT1/GT2 are the same now, fuck over-regulating. ALMS isn't going to get more entertaining than it is now.
tune
I do like to see cars being more closely matched, as long as it doesn't choke the series. It obviously becomes difficult when there are different technologies on the grid. If anything I think F1, is one of the least performance equalised racing series' there is.

GT3 and BTCC have also been shining examples of how performance equalising has produced great racing. This then takes driver talent to the next level too.

The ACO usually tweak rules to help Peugeot, so don't be surprised if diesels are still streaks ahead.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.