Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: windows 7 anti-virus
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
b0mb3r
I decided that I should probably install one... what is everyone using? should I just say screw it and get the AVG?
Aircooled
AVG
Vadvagool
Microsoft Security Essentials
green73ta
AVG
DB9
I use AVG and it works great.
Razor
AVG here as well!
misnblu
I use Avira AntiVir and SpywareBlaster. Never had an issue on either my laptop or PC.
Hijack This is also used.
Seethegrim
Norton Internet Security 2011. Comes bundled with anti-virus as well as a host of other invaluable internet security tools.

I've been through AVG, NOD32, bla bla. Gotten serious virus' from all of them.

Had Norton Internet Security (2010 + 2011) installed for the past 6 months - not a single hickup yet. And the same browsing.
b0mb3r
After reading some reviews on the internet, I bought webroot... it was 50 bucks for 3 PCs for a year. According to the scan I did not have any viruses. :-)
skr
QUOTE(Vadvagool @ Dec 4 2010, 07:07 PM) *
Microsoft Security Essentials

+8915019262347612378052346
Diesel
Microsoft Security Essentials + Malwarebytes AntiMalware = ULTIMATE COMBO
Razor
QUOTE(skr @ Dec 6 2010, 06:03 PM) *
+8915019262347612378052346

Checked it out and got Essentials as well. Really is the best one out there. Are they going to include it as the default starting when it's out of Beta?
Flaw
QUOTE(Razor @ Dec 14 2010, 02:16 PM) *
Checked it out and got Essentials as well. Really is the best one out there. Are they going to include it as the default starting when it's out of Beta?

No, considering they'd get a lawsuit by the .EU for 'forcing' idiots to use their software (sif they never had the choice to install something else).

There's only a couple of vital functions MSE is missing that would make it perfect imo, but its still my favorite. I do use Comodo as my software firewall in place of Windows Firewall, since it has configurable notifications (unlike my hardware firewall).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.