Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NOOOOOOOO
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Motorsport
moe
Pastrana's left Subaru for NASCAR. Ugh.

It's official. Travis Pastrana has left his partnership with Subaru. The rally fiend joined up with the Pleiades in 2004 in supercross and freestyle motorcross before officially becoming part of Subaru Rally Team USA in 2006. Since then, Pastrana has raked in over 150 stage wins while nabbing a spot on the podium 40 times from behind the wheel of a WRX STI. His resume is also decorated with the fact he managed to walk away with four consecutive Rally America National Championship titles.

As of right now, there's no indication as to exactly what Pastrana has planned for the future, though Subaru was cordial in wishing the company's former hot shoe the best in whatever comes next. Hit the jump for the full press release.

*UPDATE: In a radio interview with Speed Freaks this week, Pastrana let slip that he was in talks with Michael Waltrip Racing to possibly drive for the team in the NASCAR Nationwide Series.

Autoblog
tune
Hmm. I would've liked to have seen him compete in more European rallies - probably a bit more challenging.

On a slight tangent, how many series of Nitro Circus has he done with the guys? I've seen 2 in the UK.
MustangAficionado
I thought he was on board with Ford?
fiber optic
QUOTE(MustangAficionado @ Nov 11 2010, 07:07 AM) *
I thought he was on board with Ford?

You might be thinking of Ken Block.
moe
THey're both part of the DC Shoes team though. I'd argue Pastrana's more talented.
Razor
LOL, douche is now where douche belongs.
shandyman5
He is a good driver... I am curious to see if he does indeed join Nascar, it would make things interesting.
moe

At least he has a sense of humor about it...
Bjorn
It's like Days of Thunder without a crazy scientologist or a hawt Kiwi.
pervert
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Nov 13 2010, 03:56 AM) *
It's like Days of Thunder without a crazy scientologist or a hawt Kiwi.

She was an aussie mate, not a kiwi smile.gif
misnblu
How can you go from one of the most difficult driving challenges in the world called rallying and go to something as simple as going in circles?
I give credit to Nascar as it's not an easy task to win or even drive the circuits for various reasons but why Nascar of all things?
Pastrana is either getting a very lucrative deal for driving or is in need of venturing other avenues to satisfy is appetite to go fast.
I have alot of respect for Pastrana in what he's achieved in his short lifetime but Nascar? huh.gif
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Nov 11 2010, 05:24 AM) *
You might be thinking of Ken Block.

Yeah, momentary lapse
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.