Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to remove Avenger suction cup
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography > Gear & Equipment
Erppa
Hello wave.gif . I am 25 years old amateur shooter from Finland. I have followed this forum for 1 month now and soon its time for my first car shoot. I have never shot cars before and this forum has been a huge help and inspiration for me, so thank you all thumbs_up.gif . My first rig is soon ready and my Avenger suction cups arrived today, yay. So i run to the kitchen and open the box and feel that i need to start testing those new toys immediately. I take the cup and fix it to my kitchen shelf and wow, it really holds. But it took me hour trying to take it off the way that the manual says. Finally i had to use knife to elevate the border of the black rubber cup and the it came off. pfffff.

Q1: So How do i take it off from a car? No way that i could use a knife. The manual says "to remove the pump, hold the pump with one hand, and with the other PULL the tab". That tab is a small rubber lump at the border of the cup. No way that i can pull hard enough to release the cup.

Q2: Should i always spray some water to the surface where i am going to attach the cup ?

Thank you for your tips

Selfportrait by Erppa, on Flickr
Seethegrim
I also struggled at first. Its very tricky.

I found that by pulling UP on the 'tab' works. Or sometimes its a combo of pulling up & sideways. Just practice, because at first it seems super difficult, but after a few times you'll get the feel for it.
Erppa
Ok, thanks for your reply. Ill just need to practice, no special tricks there.
Mr.D
Use your thumb and press the tab in and slightly up and it will release.
Do not pull or twist the whole cup or bend it with a knife again.
You can use some water, but be sure to wipe most of it away so the pad is only damp. The outer ring should be dry.
JustinCesler
Pull the "pump" button out of the body and it will drop suction. Once you pull it out, you can just push it back in, it's held in by an o-ring.

That's probably not the "correct" way to do it but it has worked well for me!
Erppa
QUOTE(JustinCesler @ Nov 15 2010, 02:04 AM) *
Pull the "pump" button out of the body and it will drop suction. Once you pull it out, you can just push it back in, it's held in by an o-ring.

That's probably not the "correct" way to do it but it has worked well for me!

Thanks, that could be my backup plan if i wont get it off by pulling that SMALL tap. My rig is now only missing the boom head.gif
richard.thompson
If it takes any serious pressure you're doing it wrong (and may damage the car). On a lot of the newer cups there are two tabs. either way...if you push the tab inward and up then it should pop off immediately.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.