Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Really Cool Subaru STi commercial
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Alt.Binaries
OHirtenfelder
The advert:

The 'making':

It thought it was a really cool concept and just a straight forward, cool advert!
moe
Meh, not feeling it at all. I thought it was kind of lame, and pointless. There's no real idea or story behind IMO. "Adrenaline" was a much better STI commerical.
MustangAficionado
Substitute the STi for a Passat and same message comes across
skr
I hope this commercial stays in Canada.
OHirtenfelder
I'm not saying the big spider monster cartoon is cool. As far as ideas go, this is one of the best adverts out there. To shoot a proper animation like this, using nothing but the car and a fucking long wall is amazing. You can't expect every commercial to have guns and tits and burnouts.
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Nov 7 2010, 07:27 PM) *
I'm not saying the big spider monster cartoon is cool. As far as ideas go, this is one of the best adverts out there. To shoot a proper animation like this, using nothing but the car and a fucking long wall is amazing. You can't expect every commercial to have guns and tits and burnouts.

It's a cool commercial, not a cool car commercial. Doesn't make car appear cool. Only arguement I could side with is it makes the brand look cooler maybe.
shandyman5
Wow, I was expecting something cool and thought this was lame.
moe
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Nov 8 2010, 07:27 AM) *
As far as ideas go, this is one of the best adverts out there. To shoot a proper animation like this, using nothing but the car and a fucking long wall is amazing. You can't expect every commercial to have guns and tits and burnouts.

Well see there's the thing OHirtenfelder, I think the idea is what's crap. There's no problem with the execution. Commercials don't need to have guns, tits, or burnouts, just a good message. The VW "Milk" commercial is a recent one that springs to mind.
OHirtenfelder
I didn't mean the running spider bit, tbh. I thought that was quite lame and very amateurish, almost made to appeal to little boys rather than car enthusiasts. I'm still just blown away by the idea of doing an animation like this, and more than that, I'm blown away by how cool the execution actually was.
Overall, I guess it is a bit of a 'meh' advert.
Seethegrim
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Nov 11 2010, 12:53 AM) *
I didn't mean the running spider bit, tbh. I thought that was quite lame and very amateurish, almost made to appeal to little boys rather than car enthusiasts. I'm still just blown away by the idea of doing an animation like this, and more than that, I'm blown away by how cool the execution actually was.
Overall, I guess it is a bit of a 'meh' advert.

Dont' water down your beer cos everyone else doesn't agree. If you think its cool, then you think its cool. Screw what others think.

I also think the 'raw' technicality of what they did is awesome. Its like that Audi (?) ad from a few years ago where it was made up from flipping pages.

But Subaru has a long way to go in creating awesome ads like the other brands. Maybe its budget? tongue.gif
OHirtenfelder
No watering down happenin' here. I guess I was more taken by it at first, or maybe I've come to realise it isn't all that....either way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.