Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Massa could go to jail...
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Motorsport
bobo27
if he lets Alonso pass him, much like in Germany...
Massa threatened with jail over team orders

Formula One star Felipe Massa has been threatened with a six-year jail sentence if he allows Ferrari team-mate Fernando Alonso to overtake him in Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix.

Massa's (pictured, right) superstar status in his native Brazil was tarnished when he acceded to team orders to let Alonso (pictured, left) pass during the recent German Grand Prix at Hockenheim, an incident for which Ferrari were fined £65,000 for flagrant contravention of the ban on team orders.
The 29-year-old Massa, who has no chance of winning the title himself, has stated openly that he would help his team-mate to secure the drivers' championship.
But Paulo Castilho, a prosecutor in Brazil's Special Criminal Court, has told newspaper Folha de Sao Paulo that Massa will "leave Interlagos in handcuffs" should he let Alonso through, with the lawyer apparently ready to press charges of defrauding the Brazilian public under laws protecting the rights of fans to witness fair spectacles.
Massa himself remained unapologetic about the prospect of having to give up a victory to help his team mate, even if he acknowledged how much it upsets fans.
"For sure there are some people who understand it," he said. "They have the knowledge about this complicated sport when the team is in first position.
"But there are some people who will never understand. The crowd have opposing views but I insist our work is not to understand the opinion of the crowd but to do the best on the track."
Eurosport

The season is getting hot, this is just some tabloid, but funny. Brazil is the best race on the calender imho, and it makes 10x as cool in next years final. They always mix it up over there, makes for a good race.

clarkma5
Yeah some dumb politician trying to make a splash in the media, riding on massa's famous coattails. Such a thing would never stand in a court of law.
Frederf
Unless it was in France.
Razor
Wow, do they give Academy Awards to the personnel in this sport?
misnblu
I just want it to be a fair race.
If one is slower than the other then concede the position. It's as simple as that. dry.gif
bobo27
As far fetched as that is, Jenson Button's car was ambushed after the qualifying session.
Button unharmed in attack
McLaren say Jenson Button was unharmed in an attack on the car he was travelling in after leaving the Interlagos circuit in Sao Paulo on Saturday.

A statement released by the team said:

On Saturday evening (November 6) on the way back from the Interlagos circuit to Morumbi (Sao Paulo), armed would-be assailants made an attempt to approach the car that was carrying Jenson Button.

Neither Jenson nor the other occupants of the car were hurt. (The other occupants were John Button [Jensonís father], Mike Collier [Jensonís physio] and Richard Goddard [Jensonís manager].)

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes had provided both Jenson and team-mate Lewis Hamilton with reinforced armoured vehicles driven by police drivers, who had been trained in avoidance techniques and were armed.

The police driver of Jensonís vehicle reacted swiftly and, using avoidance techniques, rapidly forced his way through the traffic, taking Jenson and the other occupants of the car immediately away from any danger and back to their hotel.

The Sao Paulo authorities have also acted efficiently and will be providing additional security to transfer Jenson and other senior Vodafone McLaren Mercedes personnel to the Interlagos circuit for Sundayís Brazilian Grand Prix.

They don't fuck around in Brazil...
misnblu
huh.gif
Razor
Sao Paulo is one of the most terrifying cities in the world... it's not as violent as Rio but if you are any more affluent than the people who live in the favelas on the periphery, you can bet your ass that by walking into the wrong 'hood, you'll be mugged, kidnapped, and held for a serious ransom.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Nov 7 2010, 08:49 AM) *
Sao Paulo is one of the most terrifying cities in the world... it's not as violent as Rio but if you are any more affluent than the people who live in the favelas on the periphery, you can bet your ass that by walking into the wrong 'hood, you'll be mugged, kidnapped, and held for a serious ransom.

Did you get this from playing COD MW2 or have you actually been there?
Razor
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ Nov 7 2010, 11:30 PM) *
Did you get this from playing COD MW2 or have you actually been there?

No, I'm actually taking a class that's a cross between music and cultural anthropology called "Music and the Global Metropolis," and in said class, we covered Sao Paulo (did the genres of Samba Paulista, Drum 'n' Bass, Brazilian Hip-Hop, Forrů, and more) and talked about the class divide and the emphasis on crime and kidnapping. The richest people in Sao Paulo never touch the streets; there are helipads on the roofs of many buildings. And for the record, my professor lived there for 3 years.

Plus, MW2 took place in Rio De Janeiro. The big cross-like figure you can see from that level? Yeah. Sheesh. tongue.gif
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Nov 8 2010, 08:43 AM) *
No, I'm actually taking a class that's a cross between music and cultural anthropology called "Music and the Global Metropolis," and in said class, we covered Sao Paulo (did the genres of Samba Paulista, Drum 'n' Bass, Brazilian Hip-Hop, Forrů, and more) and talked about the class divide and the emphasis on crime and kidnapping. The richest people in Sao Paulo never touch the streets; there are helipads on the roofs of many buildings. And for the record, my professor lived there for 3 years.

Plus, MW2 took place in Rio De Janeiro. The big cross-like figure you can see from that level? Yeah. Sheesh. tongue.gif

I have just been OWNED. lol Raspberry.gif
misnblu
Yes you have. wink.gif

I guess we've really got it good considering. I'd hate to live in such a place that warrants helo services just to get around town and because you've got some money in the bank. huh.gif

Btw, the race is on for the Championship next week.
I'd love to see Vettel win this but it's anyone's Championship at the moment.
moe
^ Vettel will win a championship sooner or later. Webber will never get another chance, if he doesn't make the best of it now. I really want to see him win this.
tune
Yeah part of me thinks I should be supporting the Brit, although Hamilton's chance is pretty slim now. But really, I'd like to see Webber win it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.