Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat Leon Cupra R
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
Pages: 1, 2, 3
350Z
Im at work at the moment but will update with pics asap, like moes new car its a turbocharged 4 cylinder thats from europe, it is avaliable in forza 3 and wasn't sold in the US as far as I know. It is a little bigger than the focus I had before and is another 4 door hatch anyway picked it up on saturday and so far have loved every minute of owning it.
moe
Seat Leon FR or Cupra, do I get a prize?

EDIT: It's the Cupra because the FR wasn't in Forza.

Good choice, sexier than the the Golf, and cheaper too. Unless you got it in white...then it just looks like an egg.

Cyclone
Not a 350Z? Your name is false advertising.
350Z
You got it moe, old one though. It's a 55 plate LCR 225 in silver.

Cyclone think of my name like porschedreams, hopefully one day.
moe
^ You gave away too much info, too quickly. Four-cylinder turbo European hatch...the possibilities are endless. It's a five-door, okay still plenty of those...bigger than a Focus, and not on sale in the US. That really only left two cars, the Octavia RS and the Seat Leon FR/Cupra. Forza confirmed it being a Seat.

EDIT: Did you get this shape?

If so, you are my hero. A friend of mine totaled his non-Cupra version, but I always loved the way it looked.
bankE46
QUOTE(350Z @ Nov 1 2010, 01:06 PM) *
Cyclone think of my name like porschedreams, hopefully one day.

350's aren't really that expensive anymore.. one with 50-60k miles can be had for as low as $13-14k, even here in new england.
350Z
Yeah thats the one Moe love it!

QUOTE(bankE46 @ Nov 1 2010, 06:08 PM) *
350's aren't really that expensive anymore.. one with 50-60k miles can be had for as low as $13-14k, even here in new england.

The buying cost of the 350Z isn't the problem it's insurance and running costs, I will however look at one in about 2 years.
moe
QUOTE(bankE46 @ Nov 1 2010, 10:08 PM) *

Yeah but he lives in Old England, where insurance and stuff is a bitch.

Also 350, is it a Cupra, or a Cupra R?
misnblu
Nice ride and can't wait to see some pics.
Congrats on the purchase and enjoy. thumbs_up.gif
350Z
QUOTE(moe @ Nov 1 2010, 06:26 PM) *
Yeah but he lives in Old England, where insurance and stuff is a bitch.

Also 350, is it a Cupra, or a Cupra R?

It's a Cupra R and its the 225 not the 210. The car cost 8000 for an example with 33,000 miles and insurance is 1300, a 350Z was 9000 with 36,000k miles and insurance was 2500.
moe
*Flamesuit on* I'd rather have a Cupra R than a 350...
350Z
For those numbers I prefered the Cupra R too.
bankE46
sweet jesus thats expensive. Even as a young male driver, I'm only paying $1200/yr for insurance on my M3. I can see why you wouldn't want to get stuck with that kind of a bill! O_O
dukenukem
Just have the noise of a vacuum cleaner blasting at full volume from your car's speakers. Tadaaa .. now you are inside a 350Z.

Congratulations on the new car!
misnblu
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Nov 1 2010, 03:53 PM) *
Just have the noise of a vacuum cleaner blasting at full volume from your car's speakers. Tadaaa .. now you are inside a 350Z.

Congratulations on the new car!

Such hate of the 350Z. Raspberry.gif
With the right exhaust they sound pretty sic.
dukenukem
QUOTE(misnblu @ Nov 1 2010, 09:49 PM) *
Such hate of the 350Z. Raspberry.gif
With the right exhaust they sound pretty sic.

I don't hate the car, I just hate the stock exhaust note. I drove one for 2 weeks a while back ... great car except the vacuum cleaner soundtrack.
350Z
Well here she is! She needs a clean but in the winter over here it's only light for a few hours and rains every 15 minutes so it will have to wait till the weekend.

moe
^ My seats are cooler than yours tongue.gif Not a big fan of the silver, but otherwise I love it.
350Z
Your seats are cooler than everybodys! My cars faster though. tongue.gif
moe
^ You win...this time.
b0mb3r
nice! pardon the ignorance but which VW is this based on?
moe
Golf IV
Bjorn
We should make a list of all the cool cars on DS.

There are so many right now.

fiber optic
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Nov 2 2010, 09:24 AM) *
We should make a list of all the cool cars on DS.

There are so many right now.

I'm waiting until my junk is drivable before submitting it to the cool wall.
misnblu
Very nice ride man.
I didn't know Seat's were so popular since we never see anything like this in the States. My only familiarity is with seeing the name on the GranTurismo games so there's not much information on the brand in our part of the world.
Nice seats and love the red stitching, nice touch.
There also looks to be some performance in the car too with the red caliper and R designation.
Congratulations again. thumbs_up.gif
moe
^ The Leon is surprisingly popular in the UAE. The rest of the range...not so much. You do see the odd Altea around, but that's about it.
anvancy
That is one sweet ride.Love the seats.To me they suit the car's personality.

Congratulations.

Anvancy
350Z
Update:

Not as interesting as Mustangs as most of my upgrade is ECU related but I still had to fit a couple of parts to make sure it could handle the remap, should take it up from 225 to around 260.

Engine bay now set up for a sub if I feel the need.

Forge intake pipe as the standard one is prone to collapse after a remap.

Got some nice mats too!

MustangAficionado
Gotta love turbo cars and their upgrades.
thumbs_up.gif
350Z
Small cosmetic tweak but I prefer them to the old red ones.

Some photos of my car with a few of my friends cars.

170Bhp FR TDI

Ibiza Cupra

Original Mini!!

moe
My best-friend is deciding between a brand-new FR or a Clio RS. He just had his mind-blown during a test-drive of the Clio RS. For all FWD haters, this is a guy that just got rid of his modded E90 325. Couldn't believe how intense the RS was, the steering feel was beyond belief, as was the handling. I can't wait to drive it...worried I may not feel the same about the Pug afterwards.
speedyK
^^^ Have you driven it yet, Moe?

I tried an RS with the Cup chassis yesterday and it was great. Almost Lotus Exige Cup levels of feel and control — I'm sold thumbs_up.gif
moe
Haha yeah, we exchanged cars on a drive we did a while back. I wasn't a fan of the shifter, but other than that it was sublime. My friend doesn't have a cup chassis, but still amazingly stable. The steering is ultra precise with great feedback, and a lot of stability. I swapped back to my Peugeot after driving it, and the same things the RS did without breaking a sweat, made my car feel like it was on the edge of losing control, or toppling over...or something. Not as much feel in the Peugeot either.

We kind of had a mini-Top Gear Arabia session where we all drove up to the mountains in our cars, exchanged them, then drove some more. Met up at points, and exchanged our views. The Z4M Roadster one of my friends recently bought stole the show though. The acceleration was just brutal compared to the hatches, and the noise was glorious. Also helped that it was a beautiful summer day, and it was a convertible.
350Z
All the badges are now black.

Couple of toys arrived too.

350Z
Got everything fitted and im happy, I didn't realise but the car actually had a crappy map on it already so it was flashed back to standard and then an adjustable map was put on, gains all round so im happy with the results.

Orange is the old map red is standard and blue is the new map with the bolt ons, timing at 4 and boost set to 6.

Bjorn
Am I reading that wrong . . . 285 ft/lb of torque?
350Z
Thats correct.

287.4 lbft of torque

254.2 bhp
Razor
QUOTE(350Z @ Nov 12 2011, 07:12 AM) *
Thats correct.

287.4 lbft of torque

254.2 bhp

Hot damn... what does that leave you with for performance figures? 0-100 kmph, etc?
350Z
Not sure how accurate this is but it's the best I have at the moment, it reads 5.8 btw.

Altostratus
sweet!
350Z
New bits arrived today.

Points to the person who knows what they both are, first is simple and the second less so.
shandyman5
QUOTE(350Z @ Dec 3 2011, 11:35 AM) *
New bits arrived today.

Points to the person who knows what they both are, first is simple and the second less so.

First is a strut tower bar...

Second is some type of bypass.... or hose kit.... At first I thought some type of diverter valve, but it isn't that... Not quite sure.
b0mb3r
looks like a baffled catch can for the PCV system.
Altostratus
oil catch can and upper strut brace.
350Z
They are front upper strut brace and an oil catch tank so you all got it.

Here is the brace sanded down and ready for a respray.

Also had to grind this corner down as the brace is from an Audi S3 and doesn't clear the bonnet lifter.

This is the bay as it stands right at this moment, I was thinking of going a bit 'showcar-ish' and doing everything in black and silver including sanding down the charge pipe and intake manifold so they are silver/chrome.

Also lost part of my badge so I was thinking about taking the letters off completely. Thoughts?

Bjorn
Without the "H" how will people know it's a Honda?

On a more serious note . . . I don't see any bolts on your strut towers. Maybe it's just the pic angle, but if not, how do you plan on attaching the brace?
moe
"H" for Honda, are you being sarcastic Leif?
350Z
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Dec 4 2011, 01:12 PM) *
Without the "H" how will people know it's a Honda?

On a more serious note . . . I don't see any bolts on your strut towers. Maybe it's just the pic angle, but if not, how do you plan on attaching the brace?

I plan to drill the struts, I don't really see another option?
Bjorn
QUOTE(moe @ Dec 4 2011, 07:28 AM) *
"H" for Honda, are you being sarcastic Leif?

It's a Simpsons reference. The H gets stolen off of principal Skinner's Honda . . .

QUOTE(350Z @ Dec 4 2011, 08:40 AM) *
I plan to drill the struts, I don't really see another option?

You might want to consider welding it. I'm certainly no expert, but wouldn't drilling the towers mess with their integrity (especially if you're then going to be subjecting them to load)?
350Z
If the Audi S3 has a pretty much identical engine bay and has the brace bolted into the struts I see no reason to think the Leon struts can't have the same set up, also I can't really see how the struts could lose their integrity from having three holes in them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.