Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sound mixing software
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
Bjorn
I got a sweet gig making radio documentaries.

It's pretty loosely organized. I have a producer, but for the most part she's just there to help expedite some things. For the most part I'm supposed to be independent.

They have some sweet sound mixing software they give to employees called "Cool Edit Pro," but not for Mac. I don't have a PC.

I suggested using Garageband, but they laughed at me.

Does anyone know some good sound editing software programs for Mac? I have tried to get "Soundtrack Pro" and "Adobe Audition" (Adobe bought "Cool Edit Pro" and turned it into Audition) but they are not available through nefarious means.

Alternately, do you know if Garageband '11 is better for this kind of thing?
Halflifehavock13
A friend of mine uses Acid Pro, but he has windows and I don't know if its available for mac.
green73ta
I've heard good things about Twisted Wave from a noted Hollywood voiceover pro but as I'm not a Mac user I have no personal experience with it. They also have an iPad/iPod/iPhone version that he uses. We still use CoolEdit Pro at work even though it's ancient. I use the Adobe version of CoolEdit Pro, Audition 1.5 in my home studio.
Bjorn
The station I'm working for uses cool edit pro.

They say it's as good as any of the modern stuff out there, and since they have a bajillion licenses for it, they can give it out for ppl to work from home. I had to be mr. cool guy though and use a MacBook Pro.

This might be a good reason to instal bootcamp on my MBP.
bankE46
Logic is pretty awesome.
Razor
Garage Band is actually pretty decent, so you should backhand whoever laughed at you.
Cyclone
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Nov 24 2010, 09:48 AM) *
The station I'm working for uses cool edit pro.

They say it's as good as any of the modern stuff out there, and since they have a bajillion licenses for it, they can give it out for ppl to work from home. I had to be mr. cool guy though and use a MacBook Pro.

This might be a good reason to instal bootcamp on my MBP.

Cool Edit Pro is old as fucking dirt but for sound mixing software, it's still great. Maybe give audacity a try, it's a freeware multi track audio software like Cool Edit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.