Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 60 Minutes on Top Gear
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Alt.Binaries
UserDrew
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=698...Main;contentAux

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504803_162-200...2-10391709.html

I usually watch 60 minutes. Tonights episode was pretty good but I couldn't believe at first that they were going to talk about Top Gear. They didnt mention the US spin off, but there are some priceless quotes from Wilman and Clarkson speculating why top gear is funny.

I don't agree with Steve Croft about the first season being extremely boring. I am into the nerdy car show stuff. I also would've like to see him post a lap time in the Cee'd.

edit: this is only the extra 'stuff'.
Razor
Every person in my family called me about this separately and unknowingly last night, lol.
dukenukem
Can I be a hipster douche and say Top Gear is selling out and going mainstream in America?
Razor
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Oct 25 2010, 01:21 PM) *
Can I be a hipster douche and say Top Gear is selling out and going mainstream in America?

Yep, just look at what they post on FB.
clarkma5
It's one of the most popular shows in the world, it can't do that without playing to a more common level. It's why it's all explosions, noises, fast cuts, and Clarkson going PHRRWWWAAARRRRR. People don't have patience for real information anymore, heaven forbid!

It's still a great show.
Razor
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Oct 25 2010, 03:05 PM) *
People don't have patience for real information anymore, heaven forbid!

QUOTE(Razor @ Oct 21 2010, 11:02 AM) *
Also, people are dumb as shit, that's what.

It practically applies everywhere.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ Oct 25 2010, 03:35 PM) *
It practically applies everywhere.

Agreed!
dukenukem
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Oct 25 2010, 02:05 PM) *
It's one of the most popular shows in the world, it can't do that without playing to a more common level. It's why it's all explosions, noises, fast cuts, and Clarkson going PHRRWWWAAARRRRR. People don't have patience for real information anymore, heaven forbid!

It's still a great show.

explosions, noises, fast cuts, and Clarkson going PHRRWWWAAARRRRR is what Top Gear is all about. That is not what I meant by main stream. I was just playing on the fact some people on here remember the first days of Viper/ Jabba's world posting horribly compressed vids/ torrents of the initial seasons when almost no one had ever heard of Top Gear in the US.
clarkma5
Well yeah we were so cool and underground weren't we?

It made me feel like danzig.
dukenukem
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Oct 25 2010, 03:09 PM) *
Well yeah we were so cool and underground weren't we?

It made me feel like danzig.

Meh. Danzig were a sell out too. :\

Also, what was the point of your earlier post?
clarkma5
http://hipsterhitler.com/2010/10/death-ray/
dukenukem
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Oct 25 2010, 03:56 PM) *

I hope you are dying on the inside.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.