Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010 F1 Points System
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Motorsport
tune
I may be a bit premature on bringing this topic up, as the season isn't over but I didn't want to forget to bring it up! I haven't had time to do any research into how the championship would look if the points system hadn't changed, perhaps someone else has already.

Pros
- 5 drivers are still in with a shot of winning the World Championship.
- Greater point values make points finishes for the lower teams more important.
- Greater points margins make it easier for drivers to make a comeback from a few poor results (assuming they're winning/on the podium).

Cons
- I don't think the greater points margins between positions have created the racing they intended to. The idea was that people would be less likely to settle for a position because of the greater points available for the next place, I think drivers have behaved the same, generally fighting for a position as you would normally.
- Risk taking carries a greater penalty if you get it wrong due to there being more points on offer.

What do you think?
clarkma5
I think it's great. People will say the previous point system was fine, and it was, which is part of why the new one is so good! It does two important things:

1) Makes a win a little more worthwhile than before
2) Moves the points farther down the field to compensate for the increased grid size

I hate the whole idea of the medals system, I really wish people would stop talking about it. I have huge respect for people who have to fight for a couple points in slower cars, if we go to gold/silver/bronze, it basically becomes pointless for half the cars to even show up, which is no good. I want to support all twelve teams for being there and all 24 drivers too.
tune
Definitely, the medals system was a poor idea really.
wanyi
Host your noble sentiment let person move too. In such a materialistic society in the money, can still see the temperament middleman, this is the biggest lucky in my life. Let me deeply feel the greatness of the human nature. A son of the building Lord, is in the dark night, the spurs cracked like lightning clouds and tore the sunshine, instant drink, let me like dew: let me see the truth in this world there is real. Only the broad mind and complete with such knowledge system, people can only as this truth preface.
shandyman5
QUOTE(wanyi @ Oct 26 2010, 08:52 PM) *
Host your noble sentiment let person move too. In such a materialistic society in the money, can still see the temperament middleman, this is the biggest lucky in my life. Let me deeply feel the greatness of the human nature. A son of the building Lord, is in the dark night, the spurs cracked like lightning clouds and tore the sunshine, instant drink, let me like dew: let me see the truth in this world there is real. Only the broad mind and complete with such knowledge system, people can only as this truth preface.

Honestly the amount of spam.gif is rediculous. We need stricter registration requirements.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.